Paint and Body Are these correct door glass rivets

• Sponsors (?)

dude just use bolts.
Installed auto glass for a living from 74-81 after dropping out of college... ... Anyways Ford surprised my shop one day when we took a broken door glass apart and found the rivets. Something new here I remember saying... We used bolts until we broke a couple of NEW Door glass while installing them.. The " big daddy" riveter and the correct rivets worked better and they were easier to do ....

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
OK. so an update to this older post..
Finally found a door glass for the car.. The verts are their own baby so very hard to find one..
It came with the hardware still riveted on ( See pic ) and I would like to try to install this DG as is, without disturbing the rivets as everything looks good and tight... I know I could do it if I had the guy who taught me the auto glass business to help me, but he died a year ago, so I can't even call him for advice....
Does anyone on here have any experience installing one this way?? Thanks
DSCF1319.JPG

If you don't use the correct rivets, you'll be buying new glass
I am sure you could bolt it in, but I would not
If they, (Ford) wanted it bolted in, they would have done it that way
My 69 Mustang windows are glued, 70's are bolted. Yours are riveted
Run what cha brung

AGain I would like to install this as is, without removing and reinstalling the rivets.. . Just wondered if anyone has done it this way before I spend a day trying to.....

#1 you never told me (that I remember) you needed a door glass, I have several
#2 you can install the glass with the regulator bracket into the door , it's a pain.
if you want some help call me.

Reactions: 1 user
#1 you never told me (that I remember) you needed a door glass, I have several
#2 you can install the glass with the regulator bracket into the door , it's a pain.
if you want some help call me.
General, I got this DG about a year ago..... Do you have any passenger side for a vert? I think its 83-86 VERT only?? I originally had a dg I purchased but found out is was for a hdtp... No worky.....