5 lug swap brake identification needed

• Sponsors (?)

So you need to think of the axle assembly like it’s going into an SN95 car. Basically upgrading a 1995 GT to Cobra brakes.

The axle brackets will need to be Cobra specific.

Reactions: 1 user
You need either the m-2300-m kit

Or the cheaper LMR kit. The difference being the axle brackets in the Ford kit are cast iron, and the LMR brackets (which are sold on eBay for under $100 by a Chinese vendor) are aluminum. Also no rotors

You also need the Cardone 14-1042 bracket above.

Reactions: 1 users
You need either the m-2300-m kit

Or the cheaper LMR kit. The difference being the axle brackets in the Ford kit are cast iron, and the LMR brackets (which are sold on eBay for under $100 by a Chinese vendor) are aluminum. Also no rotors

You also need the Cardone 14-1042 bracket above.
I was hoping the aluminum would be better... that kit is decent but I already have rotors. Now you have me thinking about the aluminum and holes enlarging over time ugh.. I'm not going to sleep now lol

I was hoping the aluminum would be better... that kit is decent but I already have rotors. Now you have me thinking about the aluminum and holes enlarging over time ugh.. I'm not going to sleep now lol

I have the same thoughts. Might be overblown, but I have no data to say if it’s a good idea or not. Lots of aftermarket rear big brake kits use aluminum adapter brackets.

Since you already have rotors, dust shields and hardware, you can simplify further.

The rear cobra brackets (aluminum) all over eBay for cheap.

IMG_9758.png

Or the UPR ones

IMG_9759.png

The the anti-moans are optional. You can try it without them, and if you have moaning, add them later

Then you just need the Cardone cobra caliper brackets.

Also, cobra pads are thinner to accommodate the thicker rotor. If your GT pads are well worn, then may clear, but you might have to get cobra pads. Also, some aftermarket pads sell the GT and cobra under the cobra (thinner) pad number just to cut down to one set of pads for GT/v6/cobra

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user