Suspension Caster Camber Main Plate Replacement

bleedinggreen

5 Year Member
Aug 13, 2018
Humble, TX
I went to install my new caster camber plates last night and I noticed that the coating is damaged on one of the main plates. I really want to get the front suspension done this weekend instead of waiting on a replacement. Will I be able to replace the main plate later this week without having to pull everything back apart? I’m thinking that if I support the control arm and compress the strut by hand, I should be able to replace the main plate without completely removing the strut. Does that make sense or am I missing something?

• Sponsors (?)

Well speaking from my nightmare c caster/camber Plate install, you can put front on Jack stands and place Jack under control arm( remove the sway bar link on control arm ,just one end) then remove strut nut and lower the jack. Just enough to change the plate.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Well speaking from my nightmare c caster/camber Plate install, you can put front on Jack stands and place Jack under control arm( remove the sway bar link on control arm ,just one end) then remove strut nut and lower the jack. Just enough to change the plate.
Sounds doable. I’ll probably just leave the sway bar off until I do the final install, one less thing to redo. Thank you!