Drivers Side Power Seat

95Stangpa

Apr 4, 2017
Pa.
On my 1995, my driver side seat is power seat. It will move up and down with no problem. But forward and back it sounds like something is skipping, and it's frustrating I have to keep smacking it and hopefully it'll move while holding the button.
It almost sounds like a skipping noise like the motor skipping or something.
However You can't get it to move with some struggle forward and back sometimes while holding the button.
Does anybody have any ideas what that is?
Is it like completely broken, or can I remove the seat and possibly fix something.

• Sponsors (?)

The forward and back motors on our cars is notorious for going out. Several companies make replacement motors for them and that's really the only way to fix it.

OK I wasn't sure because it does move up and down smoothly. Just forward and backward it makes all kinds of noises and I have to keep kicking it to get it to move. I guess I'll look around for a new motor then. I thought maybe something was stuck

Been there done that. It's a very common problem. The adjustment rails are all messed up. There is rebuild kit on ebay for around $100. It uses a larger gear box and better rails. There is some drilling and grinding required, but nothing too challenging. The kit comes with good instructions.

Kurt

Thank you I'll have to try and find that kit.
I literally have to step out of the car and push the power button and keep pushing and hitting the seat and it fights with me. I can hear something like the motor making a skipping noise if that makes sense.

Thank you I'll have to try and find that kit.
I literally have to step out of the car and push the power button and keep pushing and hitting the seat and it fights with me. I can hear something like the motor making a skipping noise if that makes sense.

Yikes, wished I could repair mine somehow without the motors.
I appreciate you looking for me. I was hoping something was stuck in the rails like a coin or something.
I just got the car not long ago and he had so much change thrown everywhere and stuff under the seats it was unreal.