General '01 Svt Cobra Clutch Issues

Ok, I'm near my end with trying to fine-tune the clutch in my '01 Cobra convertible. I just about can't get the car into first or reverse...

2001 Cobra convertible
Ram Stage 3 HD clutch kit
(Brand new clutch disc, HD pressure plate, throw-up bearing, pilot bearing)
Steeda double-hook aluminum clutch quadrant
Steeda firewall adjuster
Steeda adjustable clutch cable

The damn car won't shift smoothly. I have just adjusted one last time before I posted here for help... I had to remove the clutch for weight. The cable can only go on one hook (the position nearest the firewall because if I attempt to put it on the on further away, there wont be enough cable at the fork below to get a nut on there (much less a jam nut)...

None of these items are cheap, knock-off eBay items and everything is "specifically '99-'01Cobra".

It acts as if it needs more throw in the pedal to allow smoother, more properly-functioning shifting.... but no matter if I adjust it at the firewall or the fork end of the cable, it makes the throw-up bearing make different levels of noise, which tells me that THAT particular position is incorrect and the needs cant be met...

All of these components have yet to be dialed in precisely for more than a week or two at a time. Latelyi cant even get it to function properly at all.

2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th all perform flawlessly. It seems to also go into reverse just fine if you select any of those gears before attempting reverse... What is going on??

I will be calling Steeda tomorrow to try and troubleshoot with a tech, just for gits & shiggles. Thank you in advance...

• Sponsors (?)