Roush 02 Dynoed

129saleen

Sep 1, 2004
Houston, TX
02 Saleen Finally Dynoed

Well I finally got to install all my parts today on my 02 Saleen...

Here is what I added...SVT Focus Fuel Pump, 42# Injectors, 90mm LMAF, 66mm SC Pulley, LT Headers, o/r H-pipe, 75mm TB, SCT Tune...
This is with the Series II SC....

My #s were 354.31 RWHP and 382.32 RWTQ....
Thats up from 290 RWHP and 320 RWTQ....

That is a 64 RWHP increase and 62 RWTQ increase...

Hopefully I can get my 11.9s now... :)

Is there anything else bolt-on wise that I can do to my car????

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome numbers man. Just some questions, this was on a dynojet? Whats your A/F ration, what kind of boost are you seeing with the pulley, how are your intercooler temps now compared to before?

Congrats again- lookin real strong

Johan
00-646

Those are great numbers. Now it is time for you to port the manifold and the blower and add the S5 inlet kit. I'm guessing you can add another 40 or 50 rwhp with these addtions...

Yes this was on a dynojet...I dont have the a/f ratio chart with me but I will check it later...They said it was as close as they were going to get it though...
I dont know on the boost, the saleen gauge reads 13 and my ford racing gauge reads 7 so Im just going to go in the middle of that and say I have 10 :shrug: ....
Havent had it long enough yet to compare the intercooler temps yet but Ill watch that...

Porting and adding the inlet kit were the next things on my list....but hopefully your right about the 40-50HP increase I would like that....
Is that the only thing I can really addon performance wise without going crazy???

129saleen said:
Yes this was on a dynojet...I dont have the a/f ratio chart with me but I will check it later...They said it was as close as they were going to get it though...
I dont know on the boost, the saleen gauge reads 13 and my ford racing gauge reads 7 so Im just going to go in the middle of that and say I have 10 :shrug: ....
Havent had it long enough yet to compare the intercooler temps yet but Ill watch that...

Porting and adding the inlet kit were the next things on my list....but hopefully your right about the 40-50HP increase I would like that....
Is that the only thing I can really addon performance wise without going crazy???

It depends on what you call crazy :) Porting the heads, building the motor, adding a 2300 whipple... The shop that did my manifold did an excellent job. They usually work on vipers but made an exception in my case.

I wouldn't go any further than the inlet kit, porting the blower and manifold before you build the motor. You may be able to get away with porting the heads but you will be pretty close to the limits of the GT block IMHO.

The name of the shops that did the work for me are called PBJ/Peak Perforamnce and Steigmeier. Joe at PBJ has been super helpful and is very familair with the porting processes on this car. His number is 636-375-3151. I have not dynoed my car yet as we are still considering building the motor and porting the heads but I would guess that I am very close to the 400rwhp mark.

What else to go faster (for little effort or money)?

a> Aluminum or Carbon Fiber Driveshaft

b> Lower control arms

c> subframe connectors

d> remove the front swaybar

e> new rear wheels w/ ET Streets

OK, the CF driveshaft is not cheap, but you get the idea :)

00-Saleen said:
What else to go faster Period!

1) Cams
2) heads
3) Nex

Lol

Start with the motor... 03/04 cobra motor would be ideal. Then add cams and heads. Next up add a Whipple 2300 or KB 2.2. Then if you are really crazy and as a last resort, NOS.

Then start lowering the weight of your car. Remove the spare, traction control, AC, rear seat, K member, replace stock battery with a lightwieght racing battery and you should be ready to go :)

If you want to keep the 2v you will need to rebuild it with forged, lightweight pistons and rods and port the heads and add a new crank. (I think this is the route I will be going)

Nice work!

Those are really great numbers. I haven’t seen anyone get close to those results with such relatively basic bolt-ons. I remember TJM Tom making big numbers but he had head work and cams.

Keep an eye on those intake charge temps. Spinning the M90 blower with the little pulley can produce a substantial increase in air temperature, especially when used with the Saleen intercooler system.

Are those SAE corrected figures?

129saleen said:
Yes they are SAE corrected.....
It wasnt what i expected...I expected more but now that everyone says that is a lot for the SII then I guess its fine...

I would have expected a tad more hp and torque but yes as everyone else has said, those are high (Great) Numbers. Ive yet to see a Series Iv in the 400hp range but ill be dynoing Saturday :D