03/04 Mach 1's with Cobra Jet badging on shaker

Ateup

Sep 21, 2009
Educate me: I've seen some Mach 1's with Cobra Jet emblems on the shaker and some without. What exactly is "Cobra Jet" and do the new Machs have it? Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

The badging refers to the '69-'73 Mach 1's with the 351, 428 Cobra Jet engines. Supposedly the badging was suppose to go on the new Mach 1's but it was ditched in a bean counter decision. Some still put the badge on in tribute. Myself, I did'nt put the badging on my Mach.

My granddad's 04 Mach has it. The previous owner, who was the original owner, said it came from the factory like that. My granddad doesn't really like it, but he's afraid that the black has faded all around it over the years and that it would look really bad if he took it off. So it's staying.

1001143.jpg

wouldn't be surprised if it was "dealer installed"

I kinda like it...but I'll sell my left %$# for a 69 or 70 428 Cobra Jet (maybe both for a 68 CJ...but if I did that I wouldn't be interested in driving it :rlaugh: )

Its much like slapping Cobra emblems on a non-Cobra car. Lame.

No, it’s more like keeping the nostalgia of an original muscle car alive, and paying tribute to the original mach.
What it isn’t, is trying to be something the car is not i.e. V6 with exhaust displaying cobra badges = LAME!!
And yes My Mach has the “cobra Jet” badge.

No, it’s more like keeping the nostalgia of an original muscle car alive, and paying tribute to the original mach.
What it isn’t, is trying to be something the car is not i.e. V6 with exhaust displaying cobra badges = LAME!!

I agree!

Yet I do not have the badge on mine; but I have no 'issue' with anyone who does add this to their ride. :nice:

Fact of the matter is, I'm sure your Mach would beat any originally equipped Cobra Jet in any sort of drag race, auto x, etc.

Thanks for the info guys. I see it as an homage to years past also, since their isn't a modern version that their trying to fake their car as. Different than Cobra emblems on non-Cobras I guess. Thanks again.

My Shaker almost does'nt move at all unless I gun it and lose traction. Then it's jumping all over the place. It looks killer. :rlaugh:

I know what you mean, it still looks cool though...maybe you should get some cams :p, my shaker shakes and so does my shifter, shoot, basically my whole car shakes when I'm stopped at a light. :flag:

Nostalgia or not, I just think that slapping emblems on a car that isn't what the emblem represents is ghey, on any level. Thats just me.