03 Cobra Exhaust

I want to install a CAT back system and am looking for some information on a good sounding system that is not too wild.....just want to wake the sound up a little. I read an article in a magazine not too long ago that compared several systems, but can't seem to locate it again. Any ideas from someone who has installed a system on an 03 or 04 would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

A nice catback that will give you a little umph and also some power is the regular Magnaflow catback. Louder than stock and aggressive at WOT but not obnoxious. That's what I had originally but swapped out to Magnapacks because I decided I wanted something a little more aggressive. :mad: Some louder catbacks are Borla Stingers, SLP Loudmouth, Mac, and of course good ol' Flowmasters. Lots of choices. :nice:

AAARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

I want a good sounding exhaust, can you help me? :chair:

Let me ask you something... do you like rap music? Hard rock? Classical? Country? Wester? Country & Western? They are all types of music and they appeal to different people on different levels. Exhaust system sounds are the same way. Some sound good to some people and others don't care for it! Like me for example... I think the SLP catback sounds like dog crap yet there are others here who love the sound! I personal think a Mustang with Flowmasters sounds too redneckish. Others love the sound.

Don't expect to get the answer you're looking for here... exhaust sounds are subjective. Download some videos of 03 & 04 Cobras and listen their exhausts. Try to find some 03/04's in your area and listen to them live and in person. Then make up your own mind as to what sounds best to you!

U.M.

P.S. Feel free to listen to the audio file located in the link in my sig below.