04 Convertible Top Hell

daughters 04 vert is testing me. switch and electrical work well. pistons replaced and worked 2 months. motor opened up and all works well, installed another used pump and the same drill. it spins and pumps and the pistons have a gurgling sound. ran it up and down manually while full of fluid to see if it was just trapped air. no relief. 15 year old son installed the new pistons, they had a few leaks which we fixed. no leaks to be found, full reservoir. Don't know where to go from here. please help if you can.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet!

I'm going to move your thread over to the '96-'04 general talk subforum. You'll have a better chance of getting help there.

Good luck with the top.

Take out pins from cylinders to top. Using the switch, lower cylinders all the way down. Remove rubber grommet on fluid housing. Fill with tranny fluid. With the switch raise pistons. Fluid will leave reservoir and fill pistons. Refill reservoir as necessary . Fill till it's pouring out grommet. Operate top a few times, you should be air free by now. Make sure seals/ lines have 0 leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user