05 Mustang WITH flowmasters!! Pics AND video inside!!

v8only

Jul 3, 2003
Went to firebird raceway in Arizona this weekend for fun ford weekend, and there was this dude there from a ford dealer who owned this 05 mustang.

Nice car. Unfortunately I did not get his name to give him credit, but I found out that he had flowmasters installed, and inquired how he did it, as there are no flowmasters yet for the 05.

His response was that he simply welded in some standard mustang 40 series flowmasters.

Well I'll be damned, he sure as hell did didn't he?? don't they fit like a glove??!!!! They're pretty low profile too, and don't hang down at all, super nice!!

video is in quicktime, sorry guys, best I could do. taken with a dig camera, but it does have sound.

Sounded nice, but fairly mellow at idle, with a wicked as hell scream at throttle. Enjoy!

video:

http://www.50stangs.com/picturehosting/05flows.MOV

05flows.JPG

05flows2.JPG

05flows3.JPG

05flows4.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

he didn't drive the car, just fired it up.

keep in mind, these are NOT production flows for 05's, they're off the shelf flows designed for foxs, whatever

v8only said:
he didn't drive the car, just fired it up.

keep in mind, these are NOT production flows for 05's, they're off the shelf flows designed for foxs, whatever
they dont make model specific mufflers only cat backs a 40 series is a 40 series regardless of what it is on, and on that car it sounds like crap all that popping and it sounded so buzzy!

The 2005 GT already does the rip/snort/burble exhaust thing. This exhaust may just exaggerate it a bit.

If you don't like to hear your exhaust cackle/burp, the 2005 Mustang GT (even stock) isn't for you!

Flowmasters aren't exactly the best looking exhaust you can buy, and now that the mufflers are out back this could be an issue. I would like to hear an '05 with stock catback, but with high-flow cats and headers. It would probably be puuurrrfect!

The stripes look like the ones Ford applies because they dont go all the way down the bumper. The wheels are sweet but :nice: I still see daylight between the well and the wheel. I have always liked Flowmasters but the pitch on those seems a little high. hopefully they will lower it on the mufflers that are actually for the 05. Thanks for the video and pics!!!

M1Rifle said:
The 2005 GT already does the rip/snort/burble exhaust thing. This exhaust may just exaggerate it a bit.

If you don't like to hear your exhaust cackle/burp, the 2005 Mustang GT (even stock) isn't for you!

Ive already heard the stock exhaust and i think it sounds great just amybe a lil to quiet but i would never ruin it with flowmasters!!! nromally and exhaust stystem will increase horsepwer but since the new mustang already comes with 2 1/2" mandrel bent tubing from the fatory gains will be very mininmal and the major difference in exhausts will be the sound

It did have some pretty bad popping. My beef was that it didn't have enough low sound. I haven't heard this video with good speakers yet, but the high throttle scream was pretty wicked.

I dunno about lowering more, I was blown away when I tried to look under the car how damn low it sat, I had a tough as hell time seeing anything under the car at all. This is definetly by far the lowest sitting mustang yet.

Thanks for the pics and the clip, v8only.

slegos888stang said:
I've already heard the stock exhaust and i think it sounds great just amybe a lil to quiet but i would never ruin it with flowmasters!!! Normally an exhaust stystem will increase horsepwer but since the new mustang already comes with 2 1/2" mandrel bent tubing from the fatory gains will be very mininmal and the major difference in exhausts will be the sound
I think there could have been a better choice than Flowmasters as well.I just don't like the sound of them.

The do fit well though.

I'll let you all know how mine sounds when I get it back.

My car is at Flowmaster, they are designing their h-pipe-back system over the next few days, on my car.

Their R&D guy says that they will likely settle on their newer Super40 for this vehicle. The 50 series is probably too large to fit back there. The Super40 is supposed to flow better than the 40, with less interior noise, and a deeper exterior sound.

I'll keep you posted.