06 Coupe Question And Advise

Tagger

May 22, 2015
So, I've always had a truck, been poor, put myself through college, and long story short. I've never had my dream car which is a mustang. :)

Rewind 3 years. I met my future wife who drives a 06 Mustang Coupe V6.

Now fast forward 3 years and we get married in 22 days and about a year from now we will probably start a family. We graduated college and she got her masters degree.

I'm 25 and she's 25 (but she's older by 6 months) so she's my cougar.

Now, how does this tie into the Mustang forum? You guessed it. She wants a different vehicle (and Arcadia or something like her mom) and I told her I want the mustang.

Now I have a couple questions for you all (direct from the source).

1. I've been thinking about pro charging the V6. Would you recommend a pro charger or twin turbo? I am already going to get some V6 headers and straight pipe it.

2. Should I go big and swap the V6 for a 5.0?

3. Should I go really big and swap the 5.0 and pro charge or twin turbo that?

4. Bonus question. Do you think I should just go get a 5.0 somewhere and sell her car? Haha.

If it helps at all, her step dad (him and I are friends now) races a 68 Camaro and I've thought about getting into the quarter mile scene.

Which build would get me closest to 12 seconds for the cheapest?

• Sponsors (?)

Your questions are slightly more "loaded" than a simple car question.
You have a lot of variables at play... getting married is one of the biggest..
It's a big life change, along with finding adequate housing, perhaps a house/condo of your own... which comes with it's own expen$e$, (mortgage, taxes, insurance...Lots of trips to Home Depot and Lowes).

Now that the complexities are out of the way and we narrow it down to a simple car question, without a doubt, I'd trade the v6 for a 2015 GT.

Your questions are slightly more "loaded" than a simple car question.
You have a lot of variables at play... getting married is one of the biggest..
It's a big life change, along with finding adequate housing, perhaps a house/condo of your own... which comes with it's own expen$e$, (mortgage, taxes, insurance...Lots of trips to Home Depot and Lowes).

Now that the complexities are out of the way and we narrow it down to a simple car question, without a doubt, I'd trade the v6 for a 2015 GT.

Sorry I should have included that we have a house together. So I already know my expense limitations and what not. :)

I thought about that haha. I think she would kill me if I got one since we're close to starting a family lmao.

Thanks for the input!