Electrical '07 Gem Crossfit To An '05 Gt?

youdog99

Aug 29, 2015
Thanks in advance for any and all help on this question.

My '05 GT had a clogged drain in the cabin air filter. And as other folks have suffered, gallons of water came in under the glove box. I travel for a living and didn't realize just how out of hand a problem I had while the car sat at the airport in Florida over the summer.

Long story short - Water was pouring down over the GEM. Obvious signs of corrosion, etc. Keyless Entry failed. I've replaced the transceiver on the steering column and have fresh batteries in the remote, tried reprogramming the FOBs, etc. Its pretty much down to a bad GEM at this point. I have a line on a GEM from an '07 GT. The 05 part number is 5R3Z-15604-DC or GA while the '07 part number is 7R3Z-15604-E or F.

I don't have a Ford Part Number decoder ring. Are these modules interchangeable? And do the DC/GA and E/F suffixes distinguish between the coupe and the convertible?

Does the dealer have to plug in a replacement GEM and flash it? Or can I just do a swap and not have a problem?

As an aside, I've already replaced the carpet. Even though it felt dry, when I checked underneath it, gallons of water were trapped in the insulation and puddled on the floor board.

Thanks again

• Sponsors (?)