09 V6 Headlight Solution

Moored830

Jan 11, 2017
Hello everyone, I live in small town Texas where the deer are a dime a dozen and I really would like to improve my vision driving during the morning/night for work. I just got my car in a couple of months ago. I've been reading all the available options and still at a loss on what to do. Can anyone give me some insight on a setup that can widen and further my view while driving with the sun down? All help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Moored830:

All Mustangs with halogens have the same issue. The wiring to the headlights is pretty light gauge and the bulbs don't get the power they need to work at full output. Of course, if you headlights are not aimed properly then that could be a part of the problem, too.

May I suggest that you consider installing a Putco 239008HW wiring harness to get full voltage to the headlights? It is a 'universal' harness but fits our cars. The harness consists of a wiring harness to the battery, the main harness to the headlights, and two relays. It is plug and play (mostly). I had to extend the grounds for each headlight but that was trivial. I replaced the bright yellow plastic sheathing with the more common black split/corrugated wire loom for a more factory look. I have no pics of the lights on before and after but, trust me, the difference is substantial. The more expensive option is to go with an HID conversion kit (diodedynamics.com seems to have a very popular kit).

HTH,

Chris

I'm sure glad I have a 2014. The LED front headlights are BRIGHT! They're a bit expensive though.. had to have front end damage repaired. You have to get a whole lamp unit which is $700-$800.. just for one. Thankfully my insurance paid it. They're supposed to last forever from what I'm told. They look nicer than the older halogens in my opinion. If you have the funds, perhaps you can switch out for LEDs.