1/4 mile for mod 98 cobra

tama

Dec 27, 2003
San Jose, CA
I new here, but I jus bought my 98 last january and after a few runs at the local strip i was able to get to 14.1, my first time i ran it was an ugly 14.7.
anyway that time was back in may and through august-october have made all the bolt on and suspension changes. I dynoed at 285rwhp and 284rwtq. Now that it is raining consitently here it will be a while before i go back to the track but i'm curious to know what kind of 1/4mile number I can expect.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for giving me an estimated guess. I knew somewhere in the 13's but when the wheather clears up i'll have to go back and see where i'll be officialy.

But I have another question. It's been recommended to me to change the cam, add a custom burned chip, then have it dyno tuned. I'm told I'll see anywhere between 30-40 rwhp improvement. Is this true and if it is, is worth doing. If so, it'll be my last step before going for vortech sc.

Fms Short Headers, Bassanie X-pipe W/cats,2 Chamber Flows,asp Underdrive Pullies,bbk Cold Air Intake, 3:73,msd Spark Plug Wires. I Don't Think Anything Else I've Done Would Add Power So That's It For Know, But Thinking Of Trading In 3:73 For 4:10 And Plus The Cam If It's A Smart Move.