1964 1/2 260 Engine

brian rhodes

Jan 18, 2016
Yelm, WA
Greetings, I'm new on this forum, I'm looking to dress up my 260 engine with an aluminum intake, carb and headers. Looking for suggestions on the correct parts to use, and advice on this would help or hinder this little engine..

Thank you,
brian

• Sponsors (?)

Maybe go with an Edelbrock Performer (not the RPM...) intake if you can't locate a factory 4 barrel intake, headers, and maybe at most a 500 cfm vacuum secondary carb. I think this is the route I would try to take. Good luck!!

I've done a few of them the last one I did was a pink one for my wife's car. The heads are lacking so I agree with LILCBRA stick to something like an edelbrock performer intake and a small carb. Stay away from any hi rise intakes or big carbs you will not gain anything with them. Also if your not racing it stick with a nice set of short headers it will allow it to breathe but won't give you some of the problems long tubs will. Any sbf valve covers will work with it. I ran ones that said 302 because its what I had around. It won't be a power house engine I think Shelby pushed them to about 270 hp but he changed things like the heads and compression. But you can open it up a little and let It breathe.