1966 Mustang Scarebird Conversion. Anyone Use This?

Wade01

Nov 23, 2014
i just picked up a 66 a code, i would like to convert the front to disc.
im using the scarebird brackets that goes with toyota previa rotors, chevy calipers and pads with eldorado hoses.
i dont have the money for oem, ssbc, csrp, or granada so please dont mention it to me, i have a very limited budget so this is the best choice at the moment.

i would like any input on this set up, does it work? are there any clearance issues?

the product number on scarebird.com is: MUX

thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I had never heard of Scarebird so I checked them out. How much do you think you will have in the whole set up once you buy the rotors, calipers,etc? I believe the ad said the Toyota rotors are 10". That seems a little small for a V8 Mustang. If I were in your position with the very limited budget ( I can relate, everything I do is on a limited budget), I'd just freshen up the drum brakes and ride on that until your funds build up.

Yes they are but they should work just fine, I would use the drum but they are wasted and I would rather use a disc set up, most of the parts are coming from rockauto.com, I would be around the $300 or less and that's including the brackets so it's the best option at the moment

$300 ain't bad. If you don't mind, let us know how you like them. Sooner or later I will be adding discs to my 68 and Granadas have gotten hard to come by in my part of the country.