1966 Mustang Transmission Nooby Trouble (please Help)

Kendrick

Jan 4, 2014
Hey guy's, i'm Kendrick and I own a 1966 Mustang Coupe with the 200 inline 6 c4 trans. And I am having a bit of problem finding out where to get a rebuild kit for my transmission... My transmission apparently is a "Tomco" transmission (I could also make out 4 numbers(7, 0 ,0 , 6)... Should I keep it? Or Should I buy a new/used one? Please submit you're feedback and if you think I should buy a new c4 please tell me a few places that have good quality transmissions... Thanks for all you're help!

P.S. I don't need anything suped up my mustang is just going to be a show/ cruise mustang.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guy's, i'm Kendrick and I own a 1966 Mustang Coupe with the 200 inline 6 c4 trans. And I am having a bit of problem finding out where to get a rebuild kit for my transmission... My transmission apparently is a "Tomco" transmission (I could also make out 4 numbers(7, 0 ,0 , 6)... Should I keep it? Or Should I buy a new/used one? Please submit you're feedback and if you think I should buy a new c4 please tell me a few places that have good quality transmissions... Thanks for all you're help!

P.S. I don't need anything suped up my mustang is just going to be a show/ cruise mustang.
Easiest to find a good reputable trans shop and have them rebuild yours if you care about orig equip ...if not , try to get reman .....they can r&r or you can pull trans and take to them

Yes, a c4 rebuild should be fairly cheap. Have them install a stage 1 shift kit. It will increase line pressures to increase life. Shift firmness will only be increased when manually shifting or at full throttle.

Isn't Tomco a brand of rebuilt carburetors?