1966 pass side stop lamp not working..help with wiring needed

v8only

Jul 3, 2003
Hello...now that i've got my new to me 66 going, I'm working out all the small bugs.

My stop lamps weren't working at all, and a new autozone stop lamp switch fixed that.

problem is, the pass side stop lamp doesn't work. The parking lamps in back work, as does the left and right turn signal, but no stop lamp.

I put a volt meter into the plug and nothing....however I get a solid 12v on the dr side.

I'm looking at the wiring, and there are two wires going into each light. I assume one is for the parking, and the other is for the stop circuit..

which wire is whicH?

It appears that there is a crossover wire going from the dr side to the pass side where it plugs in. I'm assuming my issue has got to be somewhere in that wire.

Any suggestions, or even help figuring out which wires are the stop ones would be appreciated, thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

It appears that there is a crossover wire going from the dr side to the pass side where it plugs in. I'm assuming my issue has got to be somewhere in that wire.

The wire that crosses over is for the park lamp circuit (and license plate lamp), not the brake lamp circuit.

There is a single wire going to each left and right lamp for brake and signal function. If the turn signals work, the problem is in the signal light switch behind the steering wheel.

A search on "signal switch" will probably get you a few threads on troubleshooting this issue.