1968 351 Efi Swap Questions

Kbolden5001

May 4, 2015
Hello fellas
I working on putting a 351 in a 1968 mustang from a 1989 ford bronco for now I wanted to see if I could run it with the bronco harness and computer with a t-5 transmission what I was looking for was what headers do I use if I would later want to upgrade to a 6 speed transmission for clearances and could i run a D9E2 EEC with a manaul transmission

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

Will the fuel injection intake clear the hood from a Bronco ? I believe the intake stands up on the F150 and Bronco and the Mustang ,Cougar lays down .
The harness can be made to work ,you just have to weed out the wires not needed .The T 5 will not be a problem . Not sure about the EEC though .

the EEC isnt a problem either, but you then limit you flexibility for tuning the combination. my advice would be to check out the megasquirt system. that lets you tune the a/f ratio as well as the timing curve. and you dont have to cut out all the non essential wiring, and hope that you dont accidentely cut out a system you need.

the added advantage is that you can choose your ignition system you like rather than being forced to use the TFI system. check out DIYautotune.com for more information.

Sounds good I knew I was going to have to break the wiring down this is just to get it drivable and when I start doing more mods I'm update wiring and computer and throw a nice 6 speed behind it also what bellhousing can I use can I use for 351 and a T5 I'm thinking about going with wire cable not mechanical linkage

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A cable operated clutch may seem OK, at face value, but there are often routing/clearance issues, not to mention that I've never met a cable clutch that I liked, even though they are a little bit cheaper! It is my considered opinion, having done both, that properly done hydraulic is the way to go. The stuff from Modern Driveline seems to be the best system out there, bar none:

Modern Driveline - Hydraulic Master

Modern Driveline - Hydraulic Clutch Kits - Slave

or

Internal Slave Hydraulic Clutch Kits - Modern Driveline

You can always get someone there on the phone for great customer support!

Just My $.02 & Likely Worth Even Less,
Gene