1968 DOHC 4.6 Coupe Project

Mustang to Fear dash pad came in a long time ago and is a very well made dash pad. Now if I can only get the wiring straightened out under the dash I can install it.

DSCN3847_zpsqq3iuntx.jpg

DSCN3849_zpsnobvl3ph.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I ran out of room at the shop so I moved this to my house and started working on it again on the weekends.

5014_zpsmpn94zmi.jpg

5011_zpsyylekn5i.jpg

I had a hard time finding a master cylinder that would clear the cam cover and did a search on line and found this Bronco II master cylinder and it fits.

5020_zpsoktcyuaf.jpg

5021_zps0d67oyqs.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I have been using a board to hold up the deck lid after searching I found these struts from Mustangs Unlimited

5022_zps78pdyvch.jpg

5023_zpshkvtyciw.jpg

My intake was cracked while I was replacing it I found a good place for the AC valve

5027_zps52vogurf.jpg

New intake

5028_zpsj7ll8ozl.jpg

Next problem I had was none of the brackets for the alternator would work so we had to cut and modify the first one to fit. Sorry no photo

5029_zpscsz8aknl.jpg

5030_zpsppjhhdrl.jpg

I bought stainless steel transmission cooler lines for the AOD but they didn't fit so I made my own

5041_zpst4wcxkla.jpg

5042_zpsmk8px4nq.jpg

5044_zpstvydxj5t.jpg

5043_zpsd2pf1z5c.jpg

I ordered a set of Vintage LEDs taillights

5045_zpsahpvp5zf.jpg

5046_zps5t9wsddd.jpg

5047_zpsh5snyd5t.jpg

5048_zpsqa983tkq.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I thought this was a DOHC swap thread? What made you decide to go with a SOHC 4.6?

Very nice Stang! Well done!

The engine I was going to use was in a shop that had a fire because of a faulty cruise control in a van. I already had the motor mounts welded in place for a mod motor. My Dad had a 1996 T-bird that had minor body damage but wasn't worth fixing so in memory of my Dad we used his engine and transmission.

Reactions: 1 user
I hooked up the battery in the trunk (I still need to hook up the ground cable to the engine) to see what works. The Ron Francis trunk mounted battery kit has two ground gables one small short one that I have going to the body and a large long one that they want mounted to a bell housing bolt. So far the AC 3 blower speeds work, taillights, turn signals, and headlights.

616_zpsyubgrnek.jpg

617_zpsk8e9gueh.jpg

I have a problem with the lights in the dash flashing when the key is off and the steering column harness is hooked up.

618_zpst4wffins.jpg

619_zps0008rsmt.jpg

I ordered a remote oil filter kit and when it came in it had large 12 straight o ring fittings with a barbed end the wouldn't clear the frame rail after a long search I found what I needed at Phenix Industries and ordered an adapter that reduced the hose to 10AN with 90 fittings. I was impressed with their products and decided to be a dealer. Nick made the new oil line and mounted the filter on the fender apron.
654.jpg
655.jpg
656.jpg
657.jpg
658.jpg