1969 Bump Stops?

I have a 1969 mustang convertible (base 302). I can see it still has the bump stops in the rear but do not see any in the front. I did have a problem with the front bottoming and the wheel hitting/damaging the fender, which is why I'm asking - Are there supposed to be bumpstops in the front? I believe I see where they might have been at the bottom of the shock tower. If I'm correct and that is the case, I don't see how I can put replacements in without removing my springs. Can anyone confirm this?

Has anyone put bumpstops in different locations? i.e., control arm?

• Sponsors (?)

The front bump stops are in the spring covers on the outside of the spring towers .They have 6 bolts ,3 on each side ,to remove them .Are your covers still in place ? the bump stop in in the bottom of the cover and it is held in place by one stud made into the bump stop .You can buy the bump stop new .

Ah... I may have overlooked that there is a lower cover on the spring towers. I definitely can see what is left of the bumps... and can feel a stud that has a nut/fastener on the other side (spring side), but I didn't notice it was part of a "cover". So what you are saying is that this is just a removable cover and I need to remove the cover (six bolts) to replace the bump stop? Its possible that someone just covered up the bolts with undercarriage spray (or whatever) and I didn't see that it was accessible.

Thanks for this response...most helpful