1973 Grande 351 Clevland...

Hello fellow Mustang world!!! Having a starting problem. When I turn the key I get nothing. The lights come on but no sound. Replaced ignition cylinder and starter cylinoid. Car starts from starter cylinoid to battery but not from the key. Starter cylinoid is also receiving power when I turn key, but no start. HELP PLEASE!!

• Sponsors (?)

4 speed or automatic ? Automatic ,check the plug in to the neutral safety switch it may be dirty .Also the neutral safety switch may be out of adjustment with the shifter .Hold your foot on the brake and turn the key to start ,at the same time move the shifter up and down, if it hits the safety switch is out of adjustment .
3 speed or 4 speed ,the jumper plugin at the fire wall may be unpluged or missing .It is a 4 wire plug in with one wire looped back into the plug in.

Thanks, I'll give that a try and let you know the outcome tomorrow. I'm restoring my dads mustang he left me. To be honest, the car started up just fine, I misplaced my keys, so I changed the key cylinder. And it wouldn't start again. So now I'm just doing the process of elimination. But I'll take your advice and get back to you. By the way it's an automatic. Is the nuetral saftey switch an easy fix??

Ok, unfortunately when I changed the key cylinder there were no wires to connect. So I'll check the connection in the back of the key cylinder. So far I've changed the starter cylinder and ignition switch. I'll update my status once I do what you said. Thanks for your help.

Im with Horse, Check the Neutral safety switch connections (automatic tranny) or for stick check the bypass plug, if the plug is missing you scan jump it with a piece of wire. Also if you have a multimeter check if you are getting power out of they ignition switch when you turn it to the start position. you can also do this at the plug on the firewall for the safety switch.