Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I found you a parts chaser mike
image.jpeg

The Gila Truckster
And you gotta know I'd drive that thing in a minute,....how perfect would that be?

Reactions: 1 user
20160824_183530_zpsr3hppwyw-jpg.564100.jpg

I'm sorry Nick,...@95bluestallion... I can't believe that I missed this pic.....

I gotta ask, considering all of the strange things that are in your picture...

Is all the junk that is under the rear of your car used in anyway to either

A: De-thatch your lawn.
B. Hoe weeds out of the soybean fields up there. ???

Is there some sort of lever inside of your car where you pull it, and all that stuff just drops like a riding lawn mower deck, and you use it to just completely fck up Mr. Fergusons' perfect lawn?
20160824_182946-1_zpswjb7auod-jpg.564099.jpg

I mean seriously,...Do they have roads there, or do you just drive around and park your junk in the "Museum of Rusty Assed Stick Things Coming Out Of The Ground"s lawn?

Or is that some sort of dead corn stalk symbolism thing for the "Drought of 1910" when all of the corn crop was burnt up?

""Never Forget the drought of Ten"!!:fuss::fuss:

Or do they just have random fields up there in the middle of a thousand acres of field corn that have statues of "What the Hell is that thing" to keep people believing in "Ancient Aliens"? Kinda like Stonehenge,....Machu Picchu, or Easter Island,...Only with a Iowa redneck kinda vibe.

Rusty CornCob Henge,.....:shrug:

Inquiring minds wanna know....

You hate on Iowa like.... you arent from here.... :scratch: I mean, I know Counciltucky is a thriving metropolis in this here land, but still. As for the sculpture, I have no idea what it is. But I thought that area looked nicer than my driveway. As for the gadgets under the car, they dont do much of anything now but sit in my garage and wait to go on a classifieds section of Mustang forums net wide. I took everything off and traded the car for a '06 SRT Charger with 64k on its clock. Pick it up Monday after work.

Thank's man,....I'm waiting for the Hater from Cornsville to chime in to balance out your "like".:rolleyes:

Hit the nail on the head there, bud. I still stick with my opinion that the floating emblem is the way to go. The horizontal line down the center just doesnt look quite right with your headlight/blinker configuration. I will give you this however, the red in that emblem isnt even noticeable.

IMG_0103.JPG

I suspect that it will be a love it or hate it modification. But the fact of the matter is that it's stuck on w/ 3M red backed emblem tape,.....which means that it's stuck on there pretty damn solid,..as in,.....It ain't changin' for a while.

And one more thing, since youre sitting around waiting to answer me and all, you should really paint those locking nuts orange down there on your splitter....

And one more thing, since you're sitting around waiting to answer me and all, you should really paint those locking nuts orange down there on your splitter....
Well thanks for the input Nick,..you know I appreciate it immeasurably.

It just seems the way we go. If it's not Ford, it become a Chrysler.

I've always said that if all three of the currently available pony cars were sitting side by side and I got take my pick.....there'd be a yellow jacket sitting in my driveway.

hennessey_dodge_challenger_srt8_392_yellow_jacket_2.jpg

In my opinion, these guys just know to do "Over the top" better than any of the others when it comes to exterior styling. They always have. You'll have fun with the Charger while being able to accomodate the kiddos,..so all-in-all, a good choice.
But,....be advised. All of that era of that body style have rampant front end problems. Take it from me based on my experience as a Carmax service writer.....I had to deal with more than my share of Charger/Magnum/300 clunking front ends....those big assed 20" wheels just wreak havoc on a poorly designed front end.
Make sure you have that checked Jeeves.........

Now that the niceties are behind me....

#1. Where in hell did you get the idea that I'm "from" Iowa? I was born in Omaha. My dad was in the Airforce. We were never "from" anywhere. I lived in Iowa twice.

Once for a year in Onawa ( Grandma's town, Mom's home town) in 1968 while my dad was on tour in Vietnam.
Then again in Council Bluffs with the cousins in 1976-1978 when moving back from Denver when that parents divorced, and Mom returned to her home town, and I refused to live in a town of 3500 people for more than 6 months.

So,....NOT from Iowa Nick Ol buddy.

#2. I've got one more "addition" to that emblem on the front end,...and you'll be so happy with it, that you'll chime in with a positive comment......I just know it. I'll wait on telling you what it is till you see it.....Just know that I know that you'll like it.

(That's how in tune I am with your thought process Ioweegian.)
#3.
No.
#4, See that surface under the Challenger? That's called pavement. That's what you're supposed to put a car on when taking a picture of one of them.

The take away here for what surface to choose for picture taking: (Feel free to print this for future reference when you post a picture of the 4 door USS Saratoga you just traded your real car for.)

Pavement: Cars/motorcycles.
Water: Boats/watercraft, most Chrysler products.
Grass: Lawnmowers.

Last edited:
I took everything off and traded the car for a '06 SRT Charger with 64k on its clock. Pick it up Monday after work

Not to start planting ideas in your head at this early stage of your new purchase Nick, but, I've seen one of those modified so much that it runs eights in the quarter. Plus the guy can still give his kids rides in the back seat....just sayin'....:nice:

You hate on Iowa like.... you arent from here.... :scratch: I mean, I know Counciltucky is a thriving metropolis in this here land, but still. As for the sculpture, I have no idea what it is. But I thought that area looked nicer than my driveway. As for the gadgets under the car, they dont do much of anything now but sit in my garage and wait to go on a classifieds section of Mustang forums net wide. I took everything off and traded the car for a '06 SRT Charger with 64k on its clock. Pick it up Monday after work.

Hit the nail on the head there, bud. I still stick with my opinion that the floating emblem is the way to go. The horizontal line down the center just doesnt look quite right with your headlight/blinker configuration. I will give you this however, the red in that emblem isnt even noticeable.
Isn't the mustang newer than the charger? Sweet new car man

Holy crap I'm agreeing with Mike multiple times this past week lol. I've always liked the exterior styling of Chrysler products. Owned 2 in the past but will probably never own another(had bad experiences both times). Did you happen to work on the Monster today?

Not to start planting ideas in your head at this early stage of your new purchase Nick, but, I've seen one of those modified so much that it runs eights in the quarter. Plus the guy can still give his kids rides in the back seat....just sayin'....:nice:

I have seen such research, and weighed it in my decision to purchase one. Mine will never be that fast, but maybe oh maybe I will have a stroker after my usual wheel and suspension upgrades.The key here is that I never have to get rid of it. The whole family fits, and I am going to the testicle doc just as soon as the little one hits the third trimester. Gotta say, I am pumped to be back in the pushrod game. The coyote had it perks, but just never had "the feel" I longed for.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah, the mustang is newer. I really loved my mustang's styling, but I will say this though, the SRT seats are WAY more comfy than my leather mustang seats, and the Charger is loaded to the gills. Even has back seat entertainment for the kiddos. While the interior is a bit dated in the Charger, it reminds me of when I was an entry level tech at a Dodge dealership in 04-05. Those were some fun times for me, and I wont mind remembering when I hop in it. Anyway, sorry to derail so much @madmike1157

Well thanks for the input Nick,..you know I appreciate it immeasurably.

It just seems the way we go. If it's not Ford, it become a Chrysler.

I've always said that if all three of the currently available pony cars were sitting side by side and I got take my pick.....there'd be a yellow jacket sitting in my driveway.

hennessey_dodge_challenger_srt8_392_yellow_jacket_2.jpg

In my opinion, these guys just know to do "Over the top" better than any of the others when it comes to exterior styling. They always have. You'll have fun with the Charger while being able to accomodate the kiddos,..so all-in-all, a good choice.
But,....be advised. All of that era of that body style have rampant front end problems. Take it from me based on my experience as a Carmax service writer.....I had to deal with more than my share of Charger/Magnum/300 clunking front ends....those big assed 20" wheels just wreak havoc on a poorly designed front end.
Make sure you have that checked Jeeves.........

Now that the niceties are behind me....

#1. Where in hell did you get the idea that I'm "from" Iowa? I was born in Omaha. My dad was in the Airforce. We were never "from" anywhere. I lived in Iowa twice.

Once for a year in Onawa ( Grandma's town, Mom's home town) in 1968 while my dad was on tour in Vietnam.
Then again in Council Bluffs with the cousins in 1976-1978 when moving back from Denver when that parents divorced, and Mom returned to her home town, and I refused to live in a town of 3500 people for more than 6 months.

So,....NOT from Iowa Nick Ol buddy.

#2. I've got one more "addition" to that emblem on the front end,...and you'll be so happy with it, that you'll chime in with a positive comment......I just know it. I'll wait on telling you what it is till you see it.....Just know that I know that you'll like it.

(That's how in tune I am with your thought process Ioweegian.)
#3.
No.
#4, See that surface under the Challenger? That's called pavement. That's what you're supposed to put a car on when taking a picture of one of them.

The take away here for what surface to choose for picture taking: (Feel free to print this for future reference when you post a picture of the 4 door USS Saratoga you just traded your real car for.)

Pavement: Cars/motorcycles.
Water: Boats/watercraft, most Chrysler products.
Grass: Lawnmowers.

I thought I had read in one of your early stories on here that you grew up in Council Bluffs. Turns out, the story must have just taken place while you were there "stayin a while." As for the front end of the Charger, I will take it as it comes. I am fine with nuts and bolts, its just the electronics that I leave to experts. That being said, I already gave up on my first idea of changing the Charger over to a manual. Mounting the trans isnt the issue, but getting the PCM and TCM to support it is quite an undertaking that involves replacing the majority of the car's wiring harness. That right there is my version of "No, said the finger."

Edit: Cant wait to see what #2 is all about!

Ok, dumb assed photo bucket is down for the weekend. That means that I have to direct transfer pics from an iPad.

So,...if all the damn pictures end up sideways,...too freakin bad.

I really didn't do that much today. I spent part of the wee hours with a blazing head ache, and about 5 minutes with my face hanging over the toilet.

( Note to self: You cannot tolerate 3 "strong pours" of high dollar bourbon w/ o expecting to puke)

So,...I drug ass till about 3pm today.

Sue me.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So,...looked like that worked.

Obviously, I put the dash together. (At least I started to). I also put the ECU back in, and permantly wired the WP into a switched 12v circuit.

The leather scratches if you look at it sideways,...and this stuff has been laying around, waiting on this day. Needless to say, it is marred up even more than it was when I first assembled the dash. I wiped it all down w/ armour all (except under the gauge pod,...it's obviously still covered in dust) and the armour all somewhat blended in the marrs

I still have steel trim pieces that " cap" the edge that contacts the black bars, but they are still raw,.needing paint. I just didn't feel like sanding and priming them today. I'll tell you one thing, I hope like hell that I don't have to take the damn thing apart anytime soon, because that top cap is a bi tch trying to get to the three studs that hold the front edge down along the windshield.

Next , I'll put the A pillar trim pieces in because they need some fiberglassing to get them to blend with the new rounded dash. I'll do that on wed.

The interior is what I'm focusing on now gentlemen. The quarter windows are in, so I'll be able to make, and install my headliner. I'll have to insulate the roof first though, and I'm out of the sound deadener. Guess I'll look into either getting more of that, or some of that foil junk at HD, and glue that junk to the roof.

Maybe,....just maybe I'll be able to put the little Japanese kid in his car seat a week from today.
I hope that the rats didn't get to him, he's been locked in a storage facility for months now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Ok, dumb assed photo bucket is down for the weekend. That means that I have to direct transfer pics from an iPad.

So,...if all the damn pictures end up sideways,...too freakin bad.

I really didn't do that much today. I spent part of the wee hours with a blazing head ache, and about 5 minutes with my face hanging over the toilet.

( Note to self: You cannot tolerate 3 "strong pours" of high dollar bourbon w/ o expecting to puke)

So,...I drug ass till about 3pm today.

Sue me.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So,...looked like that worked.

Obviously, I put the dash together. (At least I started to). I also put the ECU back in, and permantly wired the WP into a switched 12v circuit.

The leather scratches if you look at it sideways,...and this stuff has been laying around, waiting on this day. Needless to say, it is marred up even more than it was when I first assembled the dash. I wiped it all down w/ armour all (except under the gauge pod,...it's obviously still covered in dust) and the armour all somewhat blended in the marrs

I still have steel trim pieces that " cap" the edge that contacts the black bars, but they are still raw,.needing paint. I just didn't feel like sanding and priming them today. I'll tell you one thing, I hope like hell that I don't have to take the damn thing apart anytime soon, because that top cap is a bi tch trying to get to the three studs that hold the front edge down along the windshield.

Next , I'll put the A pillar trim pieces in because they need some fiberglassing to get them to blend with the new rounded dash. I'll do that on wed.

The interior is what I'm focusing on now gentlemen. The quarter windows are in, so I'll be able to make, and install my headliner. I'll have to insulate the roof first though, and I'm out of the sound deadener. Guess I'll look into either getting more of that, or some of that foil junk at HD, and glue that junk to the roof.

Maybe,....just maybe I'll be able to put the little Japanese kid in his car seat a week from today.
I hope that the rats didn't get to him, he's been locked in a storage facility for months now.
I'd forgotten how cool your dash was lol. Good progress on a Hangover day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.