Status
Not open for further replies.
sneaking-smiley.gif

I'll just leave this here:

View: https://youtu.be/wOIJanJdf8E

:leaving:

LOL. Pretty much, yeah.

As usual,..What you say goes right by me Noobz. Can somebody tell me what intended message is here?

Are we suggesting:
A. That I buy AMC Javelin hood scoops and bolt them on?
B. That I'm as stupid as the installer is making his customer out to be?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

As usual,..What you say goes right by me Noobz. Can somebody tell me what intended message is here?

Are we suggesting:
A. That I buy AMC Javelin hood scoops and bolt them on?
B. That I'm as stupid as the installer is making his customer out to be?
Here's what I'm seeing with the video Mike, correct me if I'm wrong @Noobz347 :
First, Get a sht load of tattoos
Second, Drink lots of beer and limit your exercise to lifting beer bottles to develop a nice size beer belly
Third, Act like a pissy, superior dickhead to a customer, make sure he feels he's just ever so lucky to have you working on his car, especially since you changed colors of the car without changing the jamb color like some rank fcking amateur piece of sht.
Fourth, Have the customer show you exactly where he wants hood scoops on his car and have him place them so you don't actually have to measure out or align them so when the customer btches later about they look a little off, you can make him feel stupid since he showed you exactly where he wanted them and all you did is provide the customer what he wanted.
Fifth, Blow the dust made by the drill so it doesn't scratch that ever so wonderful paint job you laid out. (this will show the customer you're a professional that cares)
Sixth, Take a break to see how your meth is cooking in the bathroom.
Seven, Repeat this process NEVER on the monster.

That's what I got from it Mike. Very instructional. Where did you find that one Noobz? I know some painters like that, they get to work in a little one car garage because they are absolute douche bags with limited talent.

Reactions: 2 users
Here's what I'm seeing with the video Mike, correct me if I'm wrong @Noobz347 :
First, Get a sht load of tattoos
Second, Drink lots of beer and limit your exercise to lifting beer bottles to develop a nice size beer belly
Third, Act like a ****y, superior dickhead to a customer, make sure he feels he's just ever so lucky to have you working on his car, especially since you changed colors of the car without changing the jamb color like some rank fcking amateur piece of sht.
Fourth, Have the customer show you exactly where he wants hood scoops on his car and have him place them so you don't actually have to measure out or align them so when the customer btches later about they look a little off, you can make him feel stupid since he showed you exactly where he wanted them and all you did is provide the customer what he wanted.
Fifth, Blow the dust made by the drill so it doesn't scratch that ever so wonderful paint job you laid out. (this will show the customer you're a professional that cares)
Sixth, Take a break to see how your meth is cooking in the bathroom.
Seven, Repeat this process NEVER on the monster.

That's what I got from it Mike. Very instructional. Where did you find that one Noobz? I know some painters like that, they get to work in a little one car garage because they are absolute douche bags with limited talent.

While I observed all of the points you brought attention to, here is what I surmised from the video, relating it to Mike's anxiety.

1. Don't worry, it's not the end of the world.. so don't have a nervous breakdown.

2. Buy scoops.

3 Bolt them to the hood.

While I observed all of the points you brought attention to, here is what I surmised from the video, relating it to Mike's anxiety.

1. Don't worry, it's not the end of the world.. so don't have a nervous breakdown.

2. Buy scoops.

3 Bolt them to the hood.
Hummmmm.....could be......Mike?

How about...buy scoops... alter scoops....then bolt them to the hood ? Easier to keep them exactly alike when they started out alike.

No
Hummmmm.....could be......Mike?
No amount of "calming down" will change the fact that the 22nd will come. With, or without a hood to paint. If it's all the same to you guys, I'd rather stay a little anxious until all of the parts that are supposed to be orange, are painted orange in the new expensive sht, and not lay back and expect stuff to happen otherwise.

Now that I'm gonna go get me a new hood, I'll have only a couple of hours in stripping and initial prep for primer. If I can settle on a path that wont fuc that up, then on Wednesday next, I'm gonna have a finished piece. If I can just catch a break.

Was it you adding the current scoops to the current hood that f*cked it up, or was your ridge already f'd to begin with and you just made it worse trying to fix it? Cause I really think your latest hood had a good look until you went and f*cked it all up.

Was it you adding the current scoops to the current hood that f*cked it up, or was your ridge already f'd to begin with and you just made it worse trying to fix it? Cause I really think your latest hood had a good look until you went and f*cked it all up.
There you go! Good job on swooping down on the dead hood thing, and picking at the carcass. It reminds me of something I'd do.

The second hood had three significant dents that broke the crown on the center rib in three places front to back. Welding in the scoops created some heat warpage and caused a really weird crown at the back of the scoops to the hood sheetmetal. Since the crown was similar on both sides, I just went with it. The problem manifested when I cut out the center rib and the sheet metal started to oil can.

After getting the hood close enough to consider priming several weeks/months ago, Eagle eye Dave saw that the contour that center rib had had disappeared after I submitted the pic in my update. That, and the fact that I sprayed the thing in 2k primer that had been hardened forced a re-do.
Then I had to go about removing all of the primer, and I decided then to lay into the old body work with some #80 grit planning to "fix it right".

Other than the fact that the thing was a flaming piece of sht, I liked it alot, but I'm not gonna duplicate it.

* This is for you, and that damn raggedy GT.

DO NOT:

Make some recommendation that will make me say in my head:

#1. I could do that.
#2. That'd be kinda cool.
#3. Maybe.......

Reactions: 4 users
No

No amount of "calming down" will change the fact that the 22nd will come. With, or without a hood to paint. If it's all the same to you guys, I'd rather stay a little anxious until all of the parts that are supposed to be orange, are painted orange in the new expensive sht, and not lay back and expect stuff to happen otherwise.

Now that I'm gonna go get me a new hood, I'll have only a couple of hours in stripping and initial prep for primer. If I can settle on a path that wont fuc that up, then on Wednesday next, I'm gonna have a finished piece. If I can just catch a break.
Who said to lay back and expect stuff to happen?

Relaxing isn't slowing down oh Great and Grouchy Pinhead. Relaxing is allowing yourself to think clearly instead of being focused so much on a deadline that it causes you to do some knucklehead thing on this new hood you're getting.

I know how long till I'm out there, and I know that allows you LOTS of time to get a new hood and do something nice with it.

So, RELAX, think through this one and then do it calmly and methodically and you'll have it done with time to spare.

Anxiousness causes your body to release chemicals that will make your brain focus too intently on a subject, to the point that you don't notice other items that will effect what your currently preparing to do.

Relaxing doesn't mean dropping your pants at the door, popping open a good bottle of scotch, flopping your butt in a recliner and watch married with children.

Relaxing, in this case means to allow yourself to see all aspects that will effect the outcome of your new hood, including previous fck ups that you don't want to repeat.

Just because you're grouchy, it doesn't mean you're the only one that thinks Mike.

Now stop being a little pissy btch, get a bottle of scotch, drop your pants and think this problem through.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.