Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

:doh: Mike please make the change in the ignition settings so they are as follows......

EDIS

then start the car.

this is what happens when you get sidetracked with updates.. lots of facepalm
Did that,..no change.
I emailed the tune to Matt Cramer. Hopefully, he'll get back to me with something we can use.

Otherwise I'm concerned that the EDIS module may have gotten hurt somehow? As it it tried to restart for that brief second then nothing afterwards when it was on the old "toothed wheel" settings.....
I'm thinking that there is no spark signal anymore coming from the tach output (in this case, that would be the PIP output coming from EDIS) If that is the case, either the settings are still not right, or I have something wrong at that module.

Other than the Ignition setting needing to be changed over to EDIS, the tach output needed to be enabled in the gen settings. When you modify the MSII to use EDIS for ignition, you have to make certain jumper settings to accommodate the mod. We were trying to start the car with the tachometer output not enabled, so there was no tach signal triggering the ECU.

No tach signal= no worky.

Reactions: 4 users
Ah so that's why we were getting no rpm signal. So the cards were stacked against us I see. After reviewing the IGN settings in TS I found what we needed but our session was already over. I'm glad you got it running!
Oh make no mistake,....it barely runs. I stopped it after 2 seconds, as I had to get ready for work.

Ahahahahahahaha, check out this video, and at 44 seconds it gets fantastic!!!! For reasons other than the car in this video, @madmike1157 will be getting a similar reaction I am sure!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldt8ZEjCceU

So then,......you are comparing the Monster to that chopped top, pink hoopty? The appearance of that car gets your "honorable mention" then?

Iowa has rotted your brain Nick.

The Monster has always been the "Low key kid in the corner" build. I could never, ever, in a million years, hope to aspire to the epicness that is that pink choptop fairmont.

Reactions: 1 user
:shrug:

image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
All I meant was the, "What. the. hell. is that???" I am guessing you will get that very comment from your engine bay when you are parked at show. Just keep the wheels you have, and refrain from the dub purchase, Mike.
That pink Fairmont has been in every mustang week since the thing started.
It gets dogged every year.

You'd think the owner would be tired of getting kicked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.