Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

ok. ive been doing this agenda thing for the last several updates. Kind of a goal setting task to see if I have a prayer of getting done what I've set out to do. The last few week days have been compromised, with side jobs, or necessary side trips getting in the way of work on the Monster.

Not so tomorrow.

As I'm sitting here at work considering this, I'm actually faced with the fairly good chance that I'm gonna have an almost full interior in this thing tomorrow.

I have slapped myself several times now to be certain of that, and each time I'm coming up redder.

But the reality of that being do-able keeps rearing it's head.

So,...here's the check list, with a probability factor of actually getting it done in the time I allot (also right next to it).

1. Raise the seat 1" on the passenger side. requires that I cut two pieces of 1" sq stock tubing, and weld that to the existing stuff. 1 hr. 100%
  2. Remove both seat frame risers,..hang them, and prime and paint them. 1 hr. 100%.
  3. remove the console, and all of the junk from the floor, clean it, and lay down the carpet. Cut it to fit. 1 hr.100%
  4. Scrounge around and find the (2) console trim pieces. Sand them and etch prime them, followed with 3 coats of black satin rattle can. 2 hrs. ( in between other jobs) 100%
  5. Install the brand new seat belt retractors on the rear 1/4's, install the rear interior 1/4 trim. .5 hr. 100%
  6. Install the Little Japanese Kid. Wire him up. 2 hrs. 100 %.
  7. Reinstall the console. wire it for the two switches that engage OD and L/U. install the hopefully dry trim caps. 1 hr. 1 hr. 100%
  8. Re install the seat frames,...followed by the seats 1 hr. 100%
So what kind of time are we talkin about here?....7.5 hrs w/ the trim pieces for the console wedged in between the other stuff ...Do able?.....

I have to go get the LJK from the storage fac tonight after work,...and I'm getting ready to walk outta here to go and get another pint of the trim paint mixed up ( I ran out before I could get the last few tiny pieces painted). By doing that, I should be able to circumvent the time spent having to chase parts......

The only thing left after that will be the door panels,....and one is basically done......

How close are we to Monster Time?

Reactions: 7 users
Did someone say Harvest Gold?

home-design.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
It would be doable but the tuning would be touchy with the current MSC has the firmware won't support the transmission control that's a separate software and requires a separate controller. Now I could do a simple output that has 2 values that have to come into line before overdrive will kick in then he can wire that output through the rocker switch. We could do the same for lock up but to be honest I'm not sure exactly when lock up should happen

Reactions: 1 user
It would be doable but the tuning would be touchy with the current MSC has the firmware won't support the transmission control that's a separate software and requires a separate controller. Now I could do a simple output that has 2 values that have to come into line before overdrive will kick in then he can wire that output through the rocker switch. We could do the same for lock up but to be honest I'm not sure exactly when lock up should happen
Wouldn't a blow through carburetor just be easier here?:D

Mike explain again how your not going to forget about the lu when down shifting? Do you have any failsafe in place?

Well Steve, I'm glad you asked.

I've decided to wire an exciter circuit that provides approximately 40 amps of current at 12v DC. I'm fashioning a SS probe to house the tip and ring of that circuit. (Much like a head phone jack,..but longer)

I'm going to strap V2.0 into the passenger side front seat, and jam the probe in his android ass.

If I forget to turn the L/U circuit when down shifting, all 40 amps of current will flow directly into his ass. I'm hoping that all of that current will create enough kinetic energy to cause V2.0's arms to flail about madly,..thereby alerting me of that situation before I downshift the car.

Or,...conversly,...I could just place a red led somewhere in the dash at eye level that will also serve the same purpose.

Well Steve, I'm glad you asked.

I've decided to wire an exciter circuit that provides an approximately 40 amps of current at 12v DC. I'm fashioning a SS probe to house the tip and ring of that circuit. (Much like a head phone jack,..but longer)

I'm going to strap V2.0 into the passenger side front seat, and jam the probe in his android ass.

If I forget to turn the L/U circuit when down shifting, all 40 amps of current will flow directly into his ass. I'm hoping that all of that current will create enough kinetic energy to cause V2.0's arms to flail about madly,..thereby alerting me of that situation before I downshift the car.

Or,...conversly,...I could just place a red led somewhere in the dash at eye level that will also serve the same purpose.
Ok. Would it be possible to set up a micro switch that way the valve body has to be in 3rd gear before you can activate the lock up And over Drive?
This would subsequently kick it out of lockup and over drive if you were to downshift

Ok. Would it be possible to set up a micro switch that way the valve body has to be in 3rd gear before you can activate the lock up And over Drive?
This would subsequently kick it out of lockup and over drive if you were to downshift

So then,...you don't like the flailing arm robot thing then?
:dammit:

A micro switch would work, but it's already crowded in the shifter w/ two micro-switches for the neutral safety switch, and B/U lights.
There is no "detent" to close the switch to signal high gear to the two manual switches.,....Not part of the plan tomorrow to figure that out.

Mike explain again how your not going to forget about the lu when down shifting? Do you have any failsafe in place?
ok just trying to come up with a solution... I know if it were me I would forget inevitably and destroy my trans.

I hear you, and I appreciate that. I have no desire to break the thing either.
A couple questions from the ignorant:

1. Just how “manual” will the shifting be? If you forget the overdrive rocker and shift to second, what will it do? And is the rocker a switch simple, or can it be released automatically when the circuit is interrupted?

2. How many parameters are available to the MS module for use as a fail-safe? What data is it already getting, and can it share? I remember throttle position, vacuum, crank position and/or cam position, RPMs, I don’t remember what else. Vehicle speed? Oil pressure or P/S pressure? Coolant temp?

Some years back, I had a glitch in my lockup system where it didn’t unlock. It only went on for a few minutes, and I only was aware of it because it killed the engine at a couple stops. It went away, so I couldn’t (didn’t have to!) figure it out, but it didn’t harm anything. There’s no lack for torque at most any speed and RPM combination on your mo-sheen, so having it locked up is perhaps no big issue most of the time, other than during the shifts. (Anyone with better knowledge, set me straight!)

I don’t need a full explanation of all this stuff, I just wonder about solutions, ‘cause you’ve worked long and hard on this project.

Looking forward to interior pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.