Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

A blue fender if @Noobz347 deems it worthy.

Mike will understand, Huh mike? I talked to my other brother about my issue, he didn't realize the deal made. He thinks there may be an issue.....Fckin yay.
I'm gonna miss a lot of your posts without the hood pic lol .. But I'll adapt- hope the other issue works out for ya Dave

Reactions: 1 user
A blue fender if @Noobz347 deems it worthy.

Mike will understand, Huh mike? I talked to my other brother about my issue, he didn't realize the deal made. He thinks there may be an issue.....Fckin yay.

Did I shoot one down? Resend it. I don't always look at the name of the requester. Trying to coax folks into making it about the cars.

How many bet themselves that I'd never get all the stuff done that I detailed in yesterday's post?

How much did you bet?

You win,........I lose....:nonono:

Let me tell you all about it.

First, let me get all my stuff together...

3BE2980F-7911-4920-9D48-F60604399615_zpsjwmilwjz.jpg

Left over gruel.... :nice:
Beer that tastes like grapefruit juice...:nice:
Trusty computer...:nice:

First,...note the time.....I'm just now coming in from the garage.

Lets make this a "Pulp fiction" Kinda update. One that has multiple sub stories running at the same time.

Customer service ain't what it used to be...

When I painted the interior parts on Sunday, the truth of the matter is that I ran out of paint before I ran out of stuff to paint.
Bond Brothers used to be THE place to get automotive paint, and anything else you needed for the interior of your car.
But....
They were always more expensive than the other local distributors.
Over the years,..I'd go into that place, and you could just tell that their days were numbered. Finally last year, they downsized dramatically,...selling off more than half of the building to a church of all things,....and getting rid of almost all of the automotive paint. The only thing they held onto was the interior dyes..as it complimented the upholstery business.

And the upholstery business was all that Bond Brothers was in now.

A couple of weeks ago, I took a swatch of the carpet to that place, and had them make me up a qt of a vinyl dye to match it.
I left them the swatch at 4 PM,....they had the paint ready the next day.

Yesterday at noon, I sneak out, and drop off the empty SEM qt can with them so they can make me another pint so that I can finish painting the remaining pieces.

Today at 8 I try to call to see if they have my stuff.

Answering machine.

I go down to the garage, and start going about my business,...I call them at 9.

Answering machine.

I figure they're busy, and I need the stuff anyway, so I get in #1's Jeep, and head the 20 miles downtown to get my paint.

I see the empty qt can sitting in the exact same place I sat it the day before.

Nobodies at the counter, but I hear the guy in back, taking care of somebody else. When he comes around to ring the guy up,..he recognizes me.

"Ohhh,...we haven't had a chance to mix your paint yet" dude tells me..

" I tried to call to check that twice already,...I need it so I figured I'd come down and get it" I say.

"Well,...you'll have to come back later,..cause we don't have anybody here that can do that right now." Stupid Larry explains.

I tell the guy "Look,...I just came 20 miles because you don't answer your phone, and you guys have had this can for 24 hours now,...how much longer are you talking about?"

"Later today" dude says,.......It's 9:30 AM.

"Nope,....there isn't gonna be any later today. I have one day to do stuff, and I'm not gonna waste it driving back and forth waiting on you." I'm mad now.

The owner comes around the corner,...he gets filled in on the situation, and he reaffirms that I'm gonna have to come back.

"No again,...I need it this morning"... I say as I walk up the corridor to exit the building.

"Okay" is all that comes out of the owner's mouth.

I stop, and spin.

"No,...it's not OK. The poor customer service you just offered is the reason I could tell that you'd end up in half of the building that you're in now, 5 years ago when I was in here. It's how I also know that you won't be here 5 years from today"...

I turned,..and walked out.

I went to the paint supplier that provided the paint for the Monster.

He has a different supplier for their vinyl dye,...and he only has my empty can w/ one dried run, to try and match off of.

He does it in 15 minutes while I wait,...comes out and tells me that he doesn't have the right tints to get it right, but thinks he has it pretty close.

I tell him that "close" is gonna have to be "close enough" because I'm never going back to Bond Brothers ever again.

I pay the guy 20 bucks for the pint,..and head to stop #2. ( I'm downtown,....I need stuff to make Steve @a91what happy)

You'll never do it more than once,....let me tell ya.

While I'm driving around,...I call transgo. The makers of the valvebody reprogramming kit that forces me to use two toggles to engage OD, and LU .

I tell the guy that I was planning to use a microswitch on 3rd gear so that I could only engage the OD and LU after the switch sees that the shifter is in 3rd gear to avoid damaging the transmission.

He asks me what I'm doing with the car,..and what rear end ratio I'm running.

I tell him turbocharged street driver,....and 3.55's respectively.

He says that I'll rarely engage the 4th gear OD,..and the torque converter lock up that follows,..and that I'm stressing over nothing.

As long as you don't try and get on the car in second gear w/ the OD and LU engaged,...all you'll do is lug the engine like being in 4th/5th/6th gear on a manual trans.... and that once I'd forgotten to shut off the switch I'd never do it again. Because the engine loses 1300-1500 RPM when the two things are engaged ( ideal on the interstate,.....not ideal when you come up to a stop light, and the engine dies because it's trying to lug a locked up converter.)

So,...he tells me that I won't break the trans unless I'm stupid......Since I'm not stupid,...I think I'll be OK.

I buy a microswitch anyway,.....(Hey,....I'm downtown).

Since I am in fact downtown,...it makes sense that I go ahead and get the panel board to make the..... ( geography check time) package tray to replace the raggedy assed one that came in the Monster. Since I live in Alabama, and asking for a panel board to make a package tray would have just netted a confused look on the counter guy at the OTHER upholstery place I frequent, I went ahead and put my redneck on and asked for a panel board to make a hat rack.

It kills me........:rlaugh:

a "hat rack"....

I feel like I need to drive miss Daisy.

I get what I need. I'm set to go back home. I got my vinyl dye,....I got my microswitch,...I got my hat rack makin stuff.

It's noon when I get home.

I go to it.

I spray the remaining pieces so that they have ample time to dry before I try and install them...

the color is so far apart,...I can't even try to use them.

432B9FFF-A702-4585-AEEA-10080771C3AD_zpsrmsqkzjx.jpg

The carpet swatch,..and one pf the correct color pieces in comparison.

What does the finger say?:nono::nono::nono:

I guess I'll take that one piece of trim back downtown tomorrow,..and see if he can get "closer".

I removed the seats,...the brackets,..and modified them accordingly.

39D8AA31-8B40-4152-B556-7AFA01E5CBCF_zps7y1kbjji.jpg

I added the 1" square tubing to the bottom section to raise the seat higher, so I didn't feel like was a little kid looking over the steering wheel.

I got the carpet out in the sun,....that stuff had been in a box for a year,...It was as wrinkled as a shirt that I slept in from an all night bender.

I carefully spent the next hour,...painstakingly trimming that thing to fit around the shifter.
B7F7BA63-D121-487C-AC9A-4D6E3FA90C00_zps9bezbdr1.jpg

I installed the interior quarter panels,..and hung the new seat belts....

I installed the frame work so that the Little Japanese Kid would have a safe place to sit.

D6C98FD8-156B-436D-A9B3-F0B1F2C3FFCE_zpswdmgah8r.jpg

But then realized that I didn't have the necessary "amp wiring" to run the power and ground to the amp...

So I just sat the LJK in place for the picture.

26D9D139-CD3E-470B-BEF1-5DBBB63036D5_zpsucpg3ggl.JPG

At some point,...I scratched my newly painted quarter panels,....I hope to hell that the guy can match this paint.

The carpet is fitting pretty damn good as you can see in the corners,...I've got the studs poppin out through the tunnel for the console, which will wait to after I make a mount for a microswitch that I guess I don't need.

The "hat rack" is still undone...

99C6C887-A4CA-4A20-BCE0-C7CF2BDBE9A2_zpsoyztjm46.jpg

I've gotta put a piece of my shiny bubble wrap insulation on top,..and cannibalize the mounts off of the old piece so that the new one will slide in and lock like the stocker did.

This all went on till about 9 PM tonight.....I've been sitting in the chair for about an hour typing......I hope I can get up.

Attachments

• 26D9D139-CD3E-470B-BEF1-5DBBB63036D5_zpsucpg3ggl.jpg
    26D9D139-CD3E-470B-BEF1-5DBBB63036D5_zpsucpg3ggl.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
How many bet themselves that I'd never get all the stuff done that I detailed in yesterday's post?

How much did you bet?

You win,........I lose....:nonono:

Let me tell you all about it.

First, let me get all my stuff together...

3BE2980F-7911-4920-9D48-F60604399615_zpsjwmilwjz.jpg

Left over gruel.... :nice:
Beer that tastes like grapefruit juice...:nice:
Trusty computer...:nice:

First,...note the time.....I'm just now coming in from the garage.

Lets make this a "Pulp fiction" Kinda update. One that has multiple sub stories running at the same time.

Customer service ain't what it used to be...

When I painted the interior parts on Sunday, the truth of the matter is that I ran out of paint before I ran out of stuff to paint.
Bond Brothers used to be THE place to get automotive paint, and anything else you needed for the interior of your car.
But....
They were always more expensive than the other local distributors.
Over the years,..I'd go into that place, and you could just tell that their days were numbered. Finally last year, they downsized dramatically,...selling off more than half of the building to a church of all things,....and getting rid of almost all of the automotive paint. The only thing they held onto was the interior dyes..as it complimented the upholstery business.

And the upholstery business was all that Bond Brothers was in now.

A couple of weeks ago, I took a swatch of the carpet to that place, and had them make me up a qt of a vinyl dye to match it.
I left them the swatch at 4 PM,....they had the paint ready the next day.

Yesterday at noon, I sneak out, and drop off the empty SEM qt can with them so they can make me another pint so that I can finish painting the remaining pieces.

Today at 8 I try to call to see if they have my stuff.

Answering machine.

I go down to the garage, and start going about my business,...I call them at 9.

Answering machine.

I figure they're busy, and I need the stuff anyway, so I get in #1's Jeep, and head the 20 miles downtown to get my paint.

I see the empty qt can sitting in the exact same place I sat it the day before.

Nobodies at the counter, but I hear the guy in back, taking care of somebody else. When he comes around to ring the guy up,..he recognizes me.

"Ohhh,...we haven't had a chance to mix your paint yet" dude tells me..

" I tried to call to check that twice already,...I need it so I figured I'd come down and get it" I say.

"Well,...you'll have to come back later,..cause we don't have anybody here that can do that right now." Stupid Larry explains.

I tell the guy "Look,...I just came 20 miles because you don't answer your phone, and you guys have had this can for 24 hours now,...how much longer are you talking about?"

"Later today" dude says,.......It's 9:30 AM.

"Nope,....there isn't gonna be any later today. I have one day to do stuff, and I'm not gonna waste it driving back and forth waiting on you." I'm mad now.

The owner comes around the corner,...he gets filled in on the situation, and he reaffirms that I'm gonna have to come back.

"No again,...I need it this morning"... I say as I walk up the corridor to exit the building.

"Okay" is all that comes out of the owner's mouth.

I stop, and spin.

"No,...it's not OK. The poor customer service you just offered is the reason I could tell that you'd end up in half of the building that you're in now, 5 years ago when I was here. It's how I also know that you won't be here 5 years from today"...

I turned,..and walked out.

I went to the paint supplier that provided the paint for the Monster.

He has a different supplier for their vinyl dye,...and he only has my empty can w/ one dried run, to try and match off of.

He does it in 15 minutes while I wait,...comes out and tells me that he doesn't have the right tints to get it right, but thinks he has it pretty close.

I tell him that "close" is gonna have to be "close enough" because I'm never going back to Bond Brothers ever again.

I pay the guy 20 bucks for the pint,..and head to stop #2. ( I'm downtown,....I need stuff to make Steve @a91what happy)

You'll never do it more than once,....let me tell ya.

While I'm driving around,...I call transgo. The makers of the valvebody reprogramming kit that forces me to use two toggles to engage OD, and LU .

I tell the guy that I was planning to use a microswitch on 3rd gear so that I could only engage the OD and LU after the switch sees that the shifter is in 3rd gear to avoid damaging the transmission.

He asks me what I'm doing with the car,..and what rear end ratio I'm running.

I tell him turbocharged street driver,....and 3.55's respectively.

He says that I'll rarely engage the 4th gear OD,..and the torque converter lock up that follows,..and that I'm stressing over nothing.

As long as you don't ty and get on the car in second gear w/ the OD and LU engaged,...all you'll do is lug the engine like being in 4th/5th/6th gear on a manual trans.... and that once I'd forgotten to shut off the switch I'd never do it again. Because the engine loses 1300-1500 RPM when the two things are engaged ( ideal on the interstate,.....not ideal when you come up to a stop light, and the engine dies because it's trying to lug a locked up converter.)

So,...he tells me that I won't break the trans unless I'm stupid......Since I'm not stupid,...I think I'll be OK.

I buy a microswitch anyway,.....(I'm downtown).

Since I am in fact downtown,...it makes sense that I go ahead and get the panel board to make the..... ( geography check time)
package tray to replace the raggedy assed one that came in the Monster. Since I live in Alabama,..and asking for a panel board to make a package tray would have just netted a confused look on the counter guy at the OTHER upholstery place IO frequent,...I went ahead and put my redneck on and asked for a panel board to make a hat rack.

It kills me........:rlaugh:

a "hat rack"....

I feel like I need to drive miss Daisy.

I get what I need. I'm set to go back home. I got my vinyl dye,....I got my microswitch,...I got my hat rack makin stuff.

It's noon when I get home.

I go to it.

I spray the remaining pieces so that they have ample time to dry before I try and install them...

the color is so far apart,...I can't even try to use them.

432B9FFF-A702-4585-AEEA-10080771C3AD_zpsrmsqkzjx.jpg

The carpet swatch,..and one pf the correct color pieces in comparison.

What does the finger say?:nono::nono::nono:

I guess I'll take that one piece of trim back downtown tomorrow,..and see if he can get "closer".

I removed the seats,...the brackets,..and modified them accordingly.

39D8AA31-8B40-4152-B556-7AFA01E5CBCF_zps7y1kbjji.jpg

I added the 1" square tubing to the bottom section to raise the seat higher, so I didn't feel like was a little kid looking over the steering wheel.

I got the carpet out in the sun,....that stuff had been in a box for a year,...It was as wrinkled as a shirt that I slept in from an all night bender.

I carefully spent the next hour,...painstakingly trimming that thing to fit around the shifter.
B7F7BA63-D121-487C-AC9A-4D6E3FA90C00_zps9bezbdr1.jpg

I installed the interior quarter panels,..and hung the new seat belts....

I installed the frame work so that the Little Japanese Kid would have a safe place to sit.

D6C98FD8-156B-436D-A9B3-F0B1F2C3FFCE_zpswdmgah8r.jpg

But then realized that I didn't have the necessary "amp wiring" to run the power and ground to the amp...

So I just sat the LJK in place for the picture.

26D9D139-CD3E-470B-BEF1-5DBBB63036D5_zpsucpg3ggl.jpg

At some point,...I scratched my newly painted quarter panels,....I hope to hell that the guy can match this paint.

The carpet is fitting pretty damn good as you can see in the corners,...I've got the studs poppin out through the tunnel for the console, which will wait to after I make a mount for a microswitch that I guess I don't need.

The "hat rack" is still undone...

99C6C887-A4CA-4A20-BCE0-C7CF2BDBE9A2_zpsoyztjm46.jpg

I've gotta put a piece of my shiny bubble wrap insulation on top,..and cannibalize the mounts off of the old piece so that the new one will slide in and lock like the stocker did.

This all went on till about 9 PM tonight.....I've been sitting in the chair for about an hour typing......I hope I can get up.
Fckin paint jobbers!

Still, good work mike.

Freckle Belly, huh?

I just gave you your 5000th like mike, how does that make you feel?:mad:

Or like:hail2:

Thanks Dave,....I feel all kinds of important now.

That means that you not only gave me the 5000th,......but the 4997th, the 4995th, the 4990th,...the 4897th, the 4895th,...the 4890th,...etc,...etc,....etc..

Reactions: 1 user
All I see is that thing you typed that you dont want to consume. The rest is moot.

But in all seriousness, your pic of your painted piece and carpet on top of the others? The others look grey to me, as in you never painted them... Am I missing something there, or is the new dye that far off?

All I see is that thing you typed that you dont want to consume. The rest is moot.

But in all seriousness, your pic of your painted piece and carpet on top of the others? The others look grey to me, as in you never painted them... Am I missing something there, or is the new dye that far off?
The newly dyed stuff is that far off. The one piece that matches the carpet was sprayed on Sunday,...those other pieces were done today.

Miles away from "close".

And what are you talking about "I don't want to consume?"
The putrid Bud light,...or the Grapefruit tasting IPA?

Thanks again Dave,...not as good of a guy as you,...but again,..not everybody can be a genuine nice guy.

I just play one on TV.

As an amusing diversion,..@Davedacarpainter , .go to the members tab,..and see who has the most likes in the whole of stangnet.....:oops:
Ahhhh....the irony, huh?

LJK is wired up.

1F97844A-404B-4DE0-BB9C-157D05799848_zpsgjbgpo5q.jpg

I still gotta structure (neaten) up the wires that go to the amp,...but aside from that,...this kid will be screamin in the back seat as soon as I get the door panels made, and the component speakers installed.

In other news. I took the one A pillar piece that was the correct color to the paint supplier n the hop that he could more closely match the dye so that I could finish the interior.

Dude doesn't have the correct tints to accurately match this color,.....I gotta go back today to get that.

** This was intended for last night,..but I fell asleep in front of the computer. When I got on this morning,...the above posts was there (Unposted) with the following (now deleted) added content:
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.