Fox 1984 Gt350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the Fastest Mustangs of the OHV 5.0L scene came from North of the US border back in the day. Joe and Paul Dasilva used to rule the roost throughout most of the '90's. Both have since retired and run very successful speed shops outside the Greater Toronto region.

I know you guys think Canada is just one big iceberg city (Seems to be a general ignorant consensus of your population to anything not directly US related, really), but it's a pretty diverse nation. It would be like me assuming that all car shows/scene in the United State were similar to one and other. Anyone who's checked out the scene in Houston, Texas and compared it to one in Augusta, Maine knows that ain't the case. ;) As far as "Canada" goes, from what I've seen regarding the size and scope of the car scene here....it's like anywhere else. It depends on population and average income.

Here's one I'll be heading to this October in Port Elgin, Ontario. Population is only about 7,500, but they throw one hell of a car show every year.

View: http://youtu.be/_ak-aQ0b4c0

It's what your Italian neighbour does with his car when he get's home from work.

Wow talk about throw back. J&P were on top of early 5.0 racing along with Gene Deputy, Stormin Norman, Big Daddy, Racin Jason, Nitrous Pete and a few others I can't remember. Didn't know they retired. Damn we are all getting old. lol

• Sponsors (?)

Re gearbangers video...Huh, the whole town is under a dome or something?? where are the sled dogs. LOL

FYI, I grew up in Islington/Toronto ......

Just curious, what's the mustang scene and the "hotrod" scene in general like in Canada? Very many running around?
Look up Paul Silva Performance/PSP they build crazy fast "street" cars. Idk if you have a IG but I follow them and they post some pretty good vids. I got a buddy up there with a Falcon wagon that has a Roots blower running mid to low 11's, he's good friends with Ryan and Paul.

While i haven't had too much customs experience, i gotta think driving hundreds of miles is more expensive than paying the customs cost.
You might be suprised. I shipped a motor there once and the buyer paid out the ass.
Also got a call from Canadian customs trying to verify his story.
Don't know if they thought the motor was packed full o' cocaine or what but turns out they really do say "aboot"

Reactions: 1 user
but turns out they really do say "aboot"
You must have shipped it to the east coast? Even we think they've got a funny accent back there. What's even funnier is that when you step across the border onto the US side, the accents get even sillier....."no doubt".

Plenty of variations on both sides really. I couldn't believe how much the dialogue changed in just a 100km (sorry....62.14-miles) when I crossed the border at Sault Ste Marie Michigan. As soon as I got to the US side, I realized people couldn't say any word that rhymed with "job" without making is sound like "Jaaaab"? By the time I hit the 100km mark, it looked like I had stepped out of a time machine into 1988 when I got there, but I won't hold it against the rest of you. ;)

Columbus Ohio is another fun one. I hit the Columbus All Ford Super Swap every year and they migrate from all directions there. Nobody South of Ohio drives a Mustang "Cobra", they all drive Mustang "Cowwwbruu's" and for some reason, loved to end every sentence with the phrase, "Ah tell you whut". I had a tough time keeping a straight face throughout some conversations. :D

Don't even get me started on a lot of the black population in these area's. I haven't got a clue what most of them are saying? Is it a race thing? I know they're speaking English, but WTF? Are the cultural difference that vast down there? I mean....unless they were born in another country....black, white, Asian, etc....pretty much all speak with the same dialect and accents in relation to their area here in Canada?

It's funny....I've probably been through roughly 50% of the United States in my lifetime and when visiting some of these area's, I'll flip on the local news and their anchor men/women for the most part speak with the perfect GenAm accent. Step into the hotel lobby though and it's a different planet.

Back on track.......... Pictures of the 84' GT 350!!

Yes, indeed....I've probably only seen two of them in my lifetime. One was pretty rough and the other belonged to a teenager....and got the "custom" teenager shopping at Pep Boy's type of treatment, if you know what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.