Digital Tuning 1990 GT ... Cylinder Balance Sequence

FoMoCo17

Apr 1, 2011
Hoping someone can help me here ... does anyone know the sequence the EEC IV uses in the Cylinder Balance Test ... what cylinders injectors are shorted in what order??? I know fr wideband that drivers side is shorted first but do not know in what order computer uses in the actual test? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! And it’s def not the engines firing order since it starts on drivers side engine bank as shown on my wideband ....

• Sponsors (?)

It goes -1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

The computer shuts off the fuel injector for the cylinder under test; it does not do anything with the ignition.

Nope ... it can’t be because I have wideband mounted in drivers side pipe right near narrowband factory Sensor .... as soon as I initiate the test, I watch the four drivers side cylinders go lean as they are tested ... then it switches to passenger side and shorts them four injectors afterwards but nothing shown on wideband bec it’s mounted on drivers side! And cylinder number 1 through 4 are on passenger side. Anyone w a wideband on either side can confirm this ....

Could it be 5-6-7-8 then 1-2-3-4 that’s only a guess but would like a definitive answer since one of my datalogs shows a whackiness on one cylinder when it shuts it off and I’d like to know specifically what cylinder it is!

Only other thing ... if your correct jrichker would be if the harness has been swapped from one side to other .... I’m sure I checked this long ago ... maybe wiring diagram for a 1990 Mustang Gt fr veryuseful.com is wrong for my car .... now very perplexed .... can you tell me where this info came from regarding the order of the test ...