BBK throttle body
24 lb injectors ford blue tops
BBK cold air intake
Cleaned the spark plugs
Great spark . I have a MSD 6A box on the car
NOS ...came on the car , I never used it
Intake spacer
24 bl mass air senser . Been on the car . But big after market one

ok, the very first thing you need to do is stop and think. since the distributor was out of the car, you want to get it in right and make sure the timing is correct. too many guys adjust the timing on the EFI motors, without disconnecting the spout connector.

so first make sure the number one cylinder is at TDC compression stroke.

next see where the rotor in pointing, it should be directly at the number one terminal on the cap. if not then adjust accordingly. remember the spount connector needs to be disconnected when doing this.

now start the engine and let it idle, the spout connect should still be disconnected at this point, and check the timing. it should be at about 6 degrees BTDC. i would set it at more like 10 BTDC. if this is the case then lock down the distributor, shut the engine down, and reconnect the spout connector and you should be done with the timing.

Reactions: 1 user
You said you re sealed the intake? did he play with it before or after that ? It would help if you detailed when and how this all started and by pass the msd until you get the car running 100 percent so you know it isnt a factor.

I would start by getting the car on TDC # 1 cyl like the boys here said . Re stab the dist. Get it set at 10-12 deg spout out ( reason i say 12 is it will put some pep in it) and take it from there.

You can't run a aftermarket MAF On a 1993 cobra calibrated for 24# injectors. The calibration is done in the computer. You need to verify 24# injectors, the stock 1993 cobra conputer and the stock cobra MAF.

Not saying that's 100% the cause, but running a MAF cal for 24# injectors with the stock cobra eec is not helping

TE="1993cobra5.0, post: 8883728, member: 201776"]After market one . The car comes stock with 24 lb injectors , right ?[/QUOTE]
What Mustang5L5 said above was my exact thought. It does sound as there could be a timing issue but the meter is certainly not helping.

You said you re sealed the intake? did he play with it before or after that ? It would help if you detailed when and how this all started and by pass the msd until you get the car running 100 percent so you know it isnt a factor.

I changed the intake gaskets after I friend played with it . The inside of the motor is a stock A4 cobra motor with comp roller rocker . Which came stock on 93 cobras it's the same after market mass air the was on the car when I bought it used I think about 5 years ago . It ran so good . This car is , well was so much fun the drive . It's killing me that hers down . I'm doing the timing thing now .
With all the help I'm getting from all of you guys and girl . I feel I will get her going again

Thank you all so much

I changed the intake gaskets after I friend played with it . The inside of the motor is a stock A4 cobra motor with comp roller rocker . Which came stock on 93 cobras it's the same after market mass air the was on the car when I bought it used I think about 5 years ago . It ran so good . This car is , well was so much fun the drive . It's killing me that hers down . I'm doing the timing thing now .
With all the help I'm getting from all of you guys and girl . I feel I will get her going again

Thank you all so much
A4 as in the 4 bolt main block ? Cobras came with stock production blocks with better heads etc . anyway if you did the lower intake gaskets you must have had the dist out to do it. I would re time it and take it from there