1995 Gt Aode Rebuild Questions

I am working on my dads 1995 GT It has an AODE and will be installing some 3.55 gears and headers Along with replacing the rear main seal and Rebuild of the AODE. My dad doesn't race it. He basic just putts around his small town, The car is mostly stock. Now while I am in the transmission, is there any Upgrades I can do to the AODE with some 4R70w parts. Could I use the Wide gear ratios from the 4R70w with out confusing the poor PCM and no re-flash of the pcm for ratios? I have a few 4r70ws sitting around from 5.0 Explorers. Also what other upgrade can I do to the AODE while I am in there, I know shift kits and a good Torque converter is important.

Thanks in advance.

Kris

• Sponsors (?)

The wide ratio gear set is interchangeable. If the speedometer drive gear is a 7 tooth then there is a driven gear that will be correct for a 3:55 swap. To harden the AODE contact silverfox on the clickclickracing.com forum.

I did this about a yr. ago. I will say it's not a job for someone just starting out working on trans, but it's doable for someone with alot of general mechanic experience. The best info I found was on the clickclick racing forum. A member that goes by the name of silverfox has tons of info on doing just this and has posted it on that site. Good luck