1996 Mustang Gt 120k Supercharged?

Sn95bythebay

Sep 1, 2016
First post!
I just drove in my buddy's 1996 mustang gt with 70k and a v1 vortech system on it everything else is stock and wow I want one now. My question is will my 1996 mustang gt with 120k be ok under boost? Right now I have a full pi swap stage 2 comp cams under drive pulleys full exhaust custom tune 75mm throttle body/plenum and 373 gears. I know I will have to get a bigger fuel pump and injectors to run a vortec system. What else would you recommend me to buy (besides the vortec kit) to make this work and work well (that's if you think it is a good idea if I should do it or not) I don't know that much on this subject so any info would help.

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.

Get rid of the underdrive pulleys first off.

I'll move your post to the '96-'04 subforum where you can have other mod guys throw ideas at you.

Good luck with the Vortech!

Yep, dump the under drives. I am currently doing the exact swap (Well a procharger) on my car and am dumping my under drives to ensure I have enough blower speed.

If your car is in good mechanical condition then I would not bat an eye at slapping a blower on it. I'm running an upgraded pump and a kenne bell boost a pump with 42# injectors. I will also run a lightning maf and have a diablo mafia in case I need more range.

Suspension and tires will be your next needed mod (my car is already built suspension wise). I'm going to run nitto drag radials for a dual purpose tire. I'll sacrifice a bit at the track but not die if I get caught out in a rain shower. (they are more street friendly than others).

Good luck.