Progress Thread 1996 Mustang Gts Convert Windows.

E Roc

Jul 12, 2014
I have a 1996 mustang GTS and would like to know if it was possible to change my manual windows and locks to power. It already has power mirrors but i need to know if the wiring is already there.

Has anyone every did they conversion?.

Would i just need to change the doors panels. ?

• Sponsors (?)

E Roc,
This conversion will require door panels, but unfortunately it is a little more involved than that. You will need to find a donor car and take wiring harnesses, relays, fuses, window and door lock motors, and switches out of it for transplant into your car. It might actually save you a ton of time and frustration to just completely swap the doors out for power equipped units.

Currently I don't believe that there is any company offering a kit for the 95-98 body style. There is a nifty kit for Fox body Mustangs...but that doesn't help.

I really don't believe that the wiring is already there, but I could be wrong. If there is wiring it would most likely
be located in the front kick panels or fenders and would be a pigtail until that would plug into a door with the power accessories.

I'm headed out to the salvage yard today. I'll take a look and see if I can discover anything further regarding the wiring.

Best of Luck!

Hey I'm doing a manual to power on my 94 3.8L and was wondering what all you had to do to get the power motor for the window and power lock into the manual door ? I have all the wireing and switches and both the manual door and the old bent power door

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 191