1997 Gt Instrument Cluster Trouble

Hi, I have a 1997 GT that had 200,xxx miles on the cluster when I bought the car. Basically everything on it stopped working except the lights and the fuel gauge so I bought a new cluster. This one came out of a 98 GT and had everything working when it came out of the car. Once I hooked it up to my car the fuel gauge and the temperature gauges stopped working. I tried swapping in the gauge from my old board and I tried swapping the slosh modules but nothing fixed it. I got frustrated and put all three gauges on the old board, but it didn't fix anything and the new odometer stopped working. So now I have the new cluster with the gauges that came with it in my car but he fuel and temp still aren't working and neither is the odometer. What can I do to fix this everyone I ask seems pretty clueless.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you aware that the 98 model year has a different PATS system than the 96-97? I'm not sure that crossing this MY boundary will work or not.

From your post I'm having trouble understanding what the current state of affairs are. IE separating history from the current state.

• Does the car start and run?
  • Does the Speedometer work? Is it accurate?
Note, if the speedometer is working but the odometer is NOT working, this proves that the cluster is receiving a valid VSS signal. Further that means the problem is in the cluster itself.

Do you have a set of wiring diagrams for your car?

The car runs and starts fine, the speedometer works and is accurate to the best of my knowledge as well as the tachometer. The battery and oil gauge both working so the only things not working are the odometer, fuel gauge, and temperature gauge.