1998 Gt To Cobra Swap

Welder7018

Sep 27, 2016
Just traded for this partially complete project which is a 98 gt with what is suppose to be a 01-04 4 valve engine. But I'm more an old school guy and don't know exactly where to start working out the bugs, that I think are most likely wiring, vacuum, and pcm issues. So major issues are electric fan not running (I think because the 4v has a sensor for the engine man. system that the pcm for the gt doesn't read). Next issue is it doesn't idle well ( i think could be vacuum and wiring issues prob. both but also pcm as well) also doesn't have egr (is delete). Third for now seems to have low end power (no miss) but bust out and comes back at higher RPM's (I'm not sure if this engine has IMRC but if so could be the issue). Also there is a sensor on the fuel rail (front driver side) that is not hooked up electrically, has a vacuum hose from back of upper intake (I'm sure this could cause problems is it the IAC and if so where might the wiring be IDK). I would appreciate any input, may be able to see some of this from pic but if need be I'll take more. Should I start with a PCM and if so off of what year, model, aftermarket again IDK like I said OLD SCHOOL new school me PLEASE! ok not sure how to attach pics yet

Attachments

• IMG_0324.JPG
    IMG_0324.JPG
    215 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    229.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Sponsors (?)