1999 3.8 Larger Throttle Body Problem

staley walker

Aug 8, 2015
Hey everyone whats up. I recently found a good deal online for a 70mm bbk power plus throttle body. Well when I went to go put it on the blade or butterfly kept hitting my cars intake manifold housing. So the guy told me to use a dremel well I did and now the car wants to idle at say 1500rpm and when i drive it goes down and hangs at 3k rpm. And you can hear like a big vaccum like noise around the throttle body area when driving. Is it possible I took to much off the intake manifold cause it to read bad and suck extra air? I have cleaned the throttle body seafomed changed out the iac and tested the tps. My guess now is to sell the throttle body get a 65mm and go ahead and replace the whole intake manifold. Please help and thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hey everyone whats up. I recently found a good deal online for a 70mm bbk power plus throttle body. Well when I went to go put it on the blade or butterfly kept hitting my cars intake manifold housing. So the guy told me to use a dremel well I did and now the car wants to idle at say 1500rpm and when i drive it goes down and hangs at 3k rpm. And you can hear like a big vaccum like noise around the throttle body area when driving. Is it possible I took to much off the intake manifold cause it to read bad and suck extra air? I have cleaned the throttle body seafomed changed out the iac and tested the tps. My guess now is to sell the throttle body get a 65mm and go ahead and replace the whole intake manifold. Please help and thanks
Yes i had a similar problem with a geo tracker it's dumping to much fuel and it's sucking air