2000 GT: More Cobra stuff

My 6-year old vetoed it. Didn’t want it in his view. I guess that’s fine with me.

Instead I’ll grab a Ford M-2300-M kit soon
IMG_9426.png

Then this car is done.
ooooooooo----kay :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Ahhhhh........NO. I DON'T WEAR AN ASSCOT didn't know what they were.
I do have a respect for the KroutCars but I don't want my mustang to resemble one. Some of the greatest Coach builders were German or Italian.
What do you know?? You drive a Cadillac and a Burban. Classic 'Old Guy' cars :loser:
...and I wear an ascot. :spot:

• Boring
Reactions: 1 user
Short answer... yes it can be. More realistic answer though, it will be TOUGH to get it out fully but if you find a good PDR guy and tell him you just want it 85% then I think it will be a cake fix.

I think it can be done to look better with PDR. Probably won’t get it all out due to that body line. Just find the best PDR company you can in your area.

Pulled a hard vacuum. Refilled with nitrogen and then another hard vacuum and recharged the AC. Held the N2 pretty well so I think I got all the leaks.

IMG_9455.jpeg

Not much left to do. Have some issues with the convertible top motor. I’ve topped it off a few times and it struggles to lift the top at times. If I stop the top halfway and leave it it slowly returns down. It’s 50/50 on cylinders or motor and based on what I’m seeing I’m going motor firsts

Alignment, tint, done. Sell it. Buy a Cobra (just kidding…for now)

• Surprised
So this car has always had a stinky exhaust. Not rich, but dawned on me that it may be lean.

So I plugged in my data tool and decided to look at the O2s and sure as hell they register as lean. The voltages swing down to near 0 frequently indicating it’s trying to add fuel.

Quick Look at fuel trims and it’s definitely adding fuel.
IMG_9492.jpeg

IMG_9496.jpeg

Both banks go lean (near 0 volts) so Probably a vac leak somewhere. Of course I loaned out my smoke tester to a friend. Grr.

Also finally traces out a noise in the accessories to an aftermarket belt tensioner. Definitely has a whirr in it. Ordered up a new Motorcraft tensioner

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Fancy scan tool.

Xtool D7. Got it on sale for about $300. I love it.

The car runs great but it had a little hiccup at idle. Come to find out, it’s registering misfires, but not enough to trip the codes. If idle for 5-10 mins, the live data will show 10-20 misfires, but unfortunately the obd2 setup is too early to tell me what cylinder.

Mass air flow was reading high. Pulled sensor out and it was grimey. Cleaned that up and flow is better and car runs better. Looks like I overlooked that maintanance.

Front o2s read lean, but rear o2s read near stoich. I graphed them and they look lazy and would sometimes stick down near zero. I hraphed my DD and the sensors are much quicker in response. Fuel trims lean rich.

So I ordered one o2 sensor. I’ll install it and compare the two and see if that was the culprit.

Haven’t smoke tested yet.