2000 GT: More Cobra stuff

Intake off. Need to clean this all up and then tape off the ports and we can then pull the valve covers off to replace the gaskets. Pass side is leaking a bit at the front top corner.

IMG_8591.jpeg

Dorman intake had a 2015 date on it. No idea of that’s when this thing was installed but it’s already failing.

IMG_8593.jpeg

Hard to see but both sides of that port are cracked and collapsing. Hmm…actually this is the same corner I have my valve cover leak. I wonder if that’s really coolant….

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Valve covers off. Cleaning them up before reassembly time. Not too bad getting these off with the intake off.

Everything looks very clean under there. Timing chain nice and tight.

IMG_8610.jpeg
IMG_8606.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Valve cover gaskets done. Had to stop for the night for some injector o-rings an pintle caps. Didn’t like the seal with the old o-rings felt too lose. Guess the Dorman intake it a little tighter in the injector bore so the o rings were compressed more.

IMG_8629.jpeg

Getting new intake ready
IMG_8634.jpeg

Got a lot done today. Still waiting on injection-o rings so holding there for now.

Refilled coolant
Drained and filled power steering fluid
Drained and filled trans fluid
New spark plugs
Valve cover gaskets
PI intake
Replaced transmission mount
Adjusted my hood latch

since I was on a roll, I decided to pull off and replace the AC line that was leaking. Quick swap, and pulling a vacuum as we speak

IMG_8669.jpeg

Hoping I can wrap this all up tomorrow

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
Got a lot done today. Still waiting on injection-o rings so holding there for now.

Refilled coolant
Drained and filled power steering fluid
Drained and filled trans fluid
New spark plugs
Valve cover gaskets
PI intake
Replaced transmission mount
Adjusted hood latch

since I was on a roll, I decided to pull off and replace the AC line that was leaking. Quick swap, and pulling a vacuum as we speak

IMG_8669.jpeg

One of my final projects (seriously I’m almost done) is these 99-04 Cobra calipers I picked up. Got both remans for under $100 total.

I’m debating taking a sanding disk to the cobra logo and making it all flat. I’ll paint them red and stick a pony on like the ‘01 bullit calipers

IMG_8674.jpeg

Welll this was my alternative plan, just like what’s on my Fox

Technically the only caliper is still in the mail. So it may or may not say cobra on it. We will see when it gets here and then decide.

IMG_9589.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Done. Started it up. Burped the coolant system (I think) and finally adjusted my darn hood latch so it closes easily.

Not really might left to do:

Charge A/C
Alignment
hood scoop
Swap cobra calipers
Tint windows

And then decide what I’m doing for my wheels because the current tires are 8 years old so need to replace them.

IMG_8698.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Welll this was my alternative plan, just like what’s on my Fox

Technically the only caliper is still in the mail. So it may or may not say cobra on it. We will see when it gets here and then decide.

IMG_9589.jpeg
I really want to do this upgrade on my '95, but I'll have to go the route of modifying the GM brackets. The Baer retrofit brackets are impossible to find now.

Other caliper arrived. Guess there really is no consistency with Cardone remans.

These are both the same line, just opposite sides. One is a bare cobra that’s obviously used and been reman’Ed. The other looks like a brand new casting.

Maybe I should Amazon another of same side as COBRA and see what shows up.

IMG_8797.jpeg