2000 mustang gt PCM and Battery problem.

adam911

Oct 8, 2007
Did not introduce myself yet but this is urgent. So last week I got up like any day and got ready to go to school and go in the garage to start my car, nothing the battery was dead( its freezing cold right now and snowing on and off). So I jumped the car and went to school have Autos first period so thought I would check it out. Battery was not holding a load but alternator was charging about 110-120 amps. So I got a battery from a friend but it did the same thing after sitting for a while. Charged the old battery in garage and left it sitting in the garage. So at this point I started looking for a short and figuriong out what is taking the power out of the battery. Narrowed it down to the PCM,Instrument cluster and dont know what too do nexxt. If I take that certain fuse out before letting the car sit it start no problem and battery is perfectly fine. So I am left taking the fuse out evryday now and need to do something about it. I dont know what to do or check next, I am fguring its the winter playing games with the electronics but i just dont know. Sorry for the long story hopefully somone can help me. BTW my name is Adam and I happy to be on here and thanks guys in advance .

• Sponsors (?)

Im new to mustangs, so there may be some sort of 'common fix' but you are currently tracking down a parasitic drain..you've found your volt drop, and you know that it is happening at one of the circuits that you said that fuse controls..Your next step is to bust out the wiring diagram and a DVOM. you need to find out whats staying on.

The fuse I am taking out is the I/P fuse on this diagram.. I am no good in diagnostics and honestly have no clue where to go from now and I really dont want to pay somebody. If i take this fuse out my battery does not drain but almost evrything stops working including taillights,wipers, speakers, pw, pl and so forth. View attachment 334173

I really wish I had the Ford CD for electrical.... I've only got the general work shop manual. I don't know if AllData will have correct diagrams but I can check. Give me a little bit, I'm having driver issues with my mouse. I'll post back later tonight.

Ok, I can't attach the file to this thread so PM me your email address and I'll email you a .zip file with the PDFs in it I made. Sorry about the negative effect (you will know what I mean when you look at the pics).