2001 Mustang Gt Vs 2006 Cobalt Ss

I think those who were saying that auto's are slower were referencing their comments to New Edge Mustang GT's (I should hope). And that is absolutely the case, the 5 speed GT's are much faster than their auto counterparts. As for the old push rod 5.0 auto's being even worse I remember those days! All my buddies who owned auto Fox Body Mustangs were so much slower than the guys who owned T5 Fox's. Torque multiplication is paramount. Nightfire- What you said about auto's being faster @ the track in high Hp applications is obviously correct, and common knowledge to most gearheads. The auto's are obviously a little easier to launch & will give you a more consistent result more often than not. But, nothing is more impressive than someone who can work the 3rd pedal in a really high Hp car.

• Sponsors (?)

10.4's....ouch. That's a low 16-second 1/4-mile. He must have one of the older, supercharged models. That, or his car isn't nearly as "done up" as he claimed it was?

At 10.0, you weren't really moving either. Must have gotten a lot of wheel spin. What were both your 60ft times and MPH?

60ft I had 2.365 and he had 2.911... At the end of the track mph was 71.4(mine) 69.8 (his)... I mean I can improve... That was me with the car being cold and I didn't spin the tires... Plus only my 2nd drag race ever and his first ever. He had his girlfriend in the car so he was extra nervous haha

A 2.9 60ft time for the Cobalt?? What the hell was he doing? Was he trying to do his burnout to warm up the tires AFTER the light went Green? Haha This must definitely be one of the older Supercharged Cobalt's b/c the Turbo Cobalt SS was a legitimate 13 sec car in stock trim.