2003 Cobra Irs Swap Into 2001 Gt?

JQHNDi

Aug 14, 2014
So my next project is to switch the IRS out of a friends 2003 Cobra and place it in to my '01 GT. It seems pretty basic and I know its nothing exotic (heard of plenty of people doing so) and was just looking for pointers/warnings before starting. I have heard many treacherous rumors of numerous parts being replaced and some not fitting unless modified... I have been under the broad assumption that its nearly a direct bolt on, but im pretty sure it cant be that easy. Any way when I find some time I will begin the project, but it may be a month or so before I really get my hands dirty. Let me know what you guys have! :)

Also I will have the entire assembly minus wheels and the driveshaft in case you are wondering!

• Sponsors (?)

Thank you guys for the replies. about to get to work I think, I have a guy who can do exhaust work so I can reroute my exhaust to fit after installing. and yes jetmech807 the swap is going to have the entire rear end so I will have the shocks, brakes, the whole 9 yards. other than that it should be direct bolt on correct? Iv researched and heard dark rumors of the driveshaft being too long, and also heard something about the break lines needing work. if you guys can put to rest/ explain these problems I would definitely be in your debt.

This is kind of an old thread but I'm about to embark on the same project and would like to know the outcome of the drive shaft issue as well.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk