2003 Mach1 Exaust Manifold Rust

• Sponsors (?)

Headers on these cars is not an easy endeavor. It's not overly complicated but to do it without pulling out your hair, it is very involved.

I removed all suspension and dropped the front k member. Kept the the engine up with a harbor freight engine support.

Had to replace the ball joints because they weren't coming off the spindles without a fight.

Wrestled with the egr tube for about a day before a friend came over and we figured how to make that work.

That's why everybody will tell you to do longtubes. It's the same fight either way. The longtubes actually make power. Shorties will leave you very disappointed for the work you put in.

Headers on these cars is not an easy endeavor. It's not overly complicated but to do it without pulling out your hair, it is very involved.

I removed all suspension and dropped the front k member. Kept the the engine up with a harbor freight engine support.

Had to replace the ball joints because they weren't coming off the spindles without a fight.

Wrestled with the egr tube for about a day before a friend came over and we figured how to make that work.

That's why everybody will tell you to do longtubes. It's the same fight either way. The longtubes actually make power. Shorties will leave you very disappointed for the work you put in.

I was just about to suggest, get the engine support. Cherry picker would work but the feet would be bumping into you under the car I'd imagine.

I seem to recall from seeing OP's other messages that I believe he is in CA. This correct? If so, that might be the onus for Shorties vs Long Tubes.

-J

That's why everybody will tell you to do longtubes. It's the same fight either way. The longtubes actually make power. Shorties will leave you very disappointed for the work you put in.[/QUO.....Thanx alot....appreciate it !