2003 Mustang Gt Help!

joey_p

Feb 11, 2015
Hey, i just bought my 2003 mustang Gt 4.6lt engine i was so happy it was a car i always wanted as a kid and now i finally have it only has 40k miles and was garage kept. Now my question is i want to had more horse power to the car i first want to add a new exuast system whats the best one for my year that will add the most horse power

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure of your budget, but if your trying to save money, I would suggest an off road h-pipe and the flowmaster american thunder cat-back system. The o/r h-pipe will give you the horsepower gains and it will sound great. Flows tend to drone, which bothers some people... I like it tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The people above are correct. An o/r mid pipe would be your best and cheapest source of "power". The best "bang for the buck" and best "Seat of the Pants" increase are gears. Don't fear the gear, 3.73, 4.10s, or if an auto, even higher....like 4.30s.

For the exhaust, a cat-back exhaust really doesn't add much power. It opens it up just a little because you go from 2.25" diameter exhaust pipes to 2.5", but that doesn't help much on a stock powered car. The cat-back just give you the tone that your car will have. The restriction is not in that part of the exhaust, it is in the 4 catalytic converters on the mid-pipe. That is where the power gains will be made. There is a drawback to removing 4 cats, it gets louder. Especially with open types of mufflers (Magnapacks, SLP Loudmouths, Borla Stingers). I am currently running an H-Pipe with the Steeda Stainless exhaust, and I think it sounds great. Not too loud when normal driving, but it can get quite loud when I get on it.

What people like for tone is as different as what people like to eat. I like an old-school muscle car tone, but not too loud when just driving normal. I had SLP LMs, and the drone at 2500 rpms (my highway coasting speed) was retarded. It gave me a headache just driving 30 miles to work. Now, with a chambered type muffler (Flows, stock type) you can keep tone, but lose some of the raspiness and all out volume of the "glass pack" types. My Steeda's are a combo of both, and overlooked by most people. The chamber shape of the muffler still has a 45 degree straight pipe through it. It just kills a lot of the raspiness and volume at lower speeds. When I get on it, it cuts through the straight pipe, and almost as loud as others on the market.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey I never knew people responded to this I'm really happy that people did I have 4000right now to throw into the car but that is just in hand budget ain't really a issue to me always said if I'm going to get something start at the top

4 grand?!?!? Supercharge with a safe tune and never look back. Typically bolts are seemingly worthless, in my honest opinion, the only reason I bolt on the car was because I never had the money to supercharge, so might as well do something for the car. But the old man in me, ha 35 years of age tells me to tell you to put that cash in the suspension. Stock suspension in these cars are, in my opinion, lackluster at best.

With a 4grand budget turbo or supercharge it. If you don't want to go down that road fully build the suspension, cams, pullies, intake, exhaust, gears and a pair of slicks and sub frame connectors and you got your self a low 12 second car with a good driver at the wheel.

But I'm pretty sure a blower kit with a tune on stock suspension will run mid 12's as well. And build suspension later.