2003 Mustang Pony Girl

Marianna

Jul 22, 2014
Hi there!

Just taking a moment to introduce myself. I live in Montreal and am the proud owner of a 2003 Pony, automatic transmission, with 29,000 kms. I really do not drive it much. It is my only car and as such I do drive it in winter. I try to avoid brutal winter days, seeing as it does not handle well in inclement conditions...otherwise, a dream to drive.

Today started out fine. Car drove as usual....smooth! Only problem I had been experiencing for the last two weeks was my shifter was stiff getting out of PARK. This afternoon at 4 PM it would not budge from PARK. I have been told it could be anything...typical mechanic's response to a female! I will probably have to get towed in the morning to a garage, but I hope to minimize the damage to my wallet. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.
Moi

• Sponsors (?)

For the winter, I have studded tires....

As for the problem...the garage changed the brake switch. They also did an inspection and an oil change ($185)
Despite having only 29,000 kms or 18,019 miles on the car, they told me the brake pads were worn thin and the rotors needed changing. They installed coated rotors, front and back, so they won't rust.
All this to the tune of $1,073. Does this sound right to you? I had dealt with this family owned garage many years ago and found them to be quite honest...but what do I know? Thoughts?

Hello and welcome to Stangnet!
For your model year specific problems, try posting in the 96-04 forums as there is much more internet traffic there as compared to in the Welcome Wagon.

Try this link here to get you started in the right place
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/forums/SN95-46L-Mustang/

Best of luck with your Stang!

-Nick
Thank you for the welcome, Nick. I will definitely be an active member. Thank goodness, my Stang is not really problematic....except for a few days ago...lol