2005 Door Panels

tomcat61

May 13, 2015
I need both my door panels replaced due to the glue failing and me messing up the DIY job... can anyone help me with info on where to get replacement panels or where i can get them re-upholstered.

• Sponsors (?)

Any good upholstery shop can do the work. If you pull the panels and drop them off I am sure it will cost less. I think Latemodel restoration had replacement leather inserts. Our you can Google them... just look for door panel inserts.

Repaired mine with 3m spray adhesive, peel back and make sure you use a brush to remove all the old adhesive and foam padding, it will easily come of if you rub it back and forth with a stiff brush. Once all loose material is removed mask any area you want to keep clean for adhesive overspray, then spray both the leather panel and door side, wait until glue is tacky to the touch then start to smooth back into place using a plastic scraper or something else that is flat with a bit of flex, tuck in edge all around and your done. Looks like factory, cost 8 bucks for adhesive.