Electrical 2005 Gt Alternating A/c Issues, Driving Me Crazy! Help!

Napjr

Oct 9, 2014
Greetings fellas!

I live in Mexico and currently i have a really annoying problem with my Pony, for over one Month the A/C stops working, alternates from cold to simply Air. I can start the engine, at any ambient temperature and works well for a few minutes, but then comes suddenly fails, can last for a while, and again cold for a couple of minutes, and again fails

Right now, being looked by a fifth mechanic, and no one can find the problem

I'll try to be as detailed as possible about the history of my car

It is a 2005 GT, Im the second owner when i got it in 2009, the car seems to be treated well by the previous owner, except for some unnecesary cosmetic changes (22 inches wheels, paint, etc), engine has never been modified (except changing spark plugs, had to replace the engine mounts 3 months ago ), two battery changes since I got it (Optima Red), neon lights by the previous owner, and in 2011 got the water leak issue into the passenger seat, although no apparent damage to the fuse box on that side from what i can tell

The first time the climate failed, i took it with my usual technician, He mentioned that it was a little low on gas, so he proceed to charge it. The next day, failed again, i went back and he mentioned that it had a false contact in a sensor next to the air intake, which he "tighted" and "patched" enough to so made contact better, but it was ideal to change that sensor. Again, the failure, we tryed with a new sensor but didnt worked

The technician spoke to an electrictrician, checked the A/c controls inside the car and supposedly had a faulty knob, so he proceeded to perform a "microsurgery"

Nothing worked, so i changed the workshop, where we found the air compressor was turning on/off frequently. They advised to go with a Ford dealer to check that. Went to the closer one to my home, but they only spent diagnosing other things irrelevant to this problem at the time, charging too much money, and they allegedly found a faulty pressure bulb with a gas leak and recommended changing the whole system of tubes all the way to the compressor, but they didnt had that part in stock. They didnt noticed the compressor turning on/off either, and couldnt replicate the failure

Then, i decided to take my car and return to the previous mechanical, but they didnt found any kind of leak (or so they told me)

I went to another mechanic (engine mostly, but he knew someone that could look into my problem), he saw the problem driving the car, and talking with his contact, they come to the conclusion that the fuse box had a bad contact for the climate control relay / module corresponding to the compressor fails intermittently, especially with some vibration (some bump, hole in the ground, etc). Recommend a new fuse box, ended up buying in the dealership ... and still, the compressor fails

Now he is recommending testing with a new computer, they can not find the cause of failure of communication, but they need to find a new computer and reprogram it

Currently the car, when ignited, you can hear the compressor turns on and off air

Any ideas what can I do?

• Sponsors (?)