2005 Mustanf & GTR Debut in New York: I was there! Fun!!

chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
2005 Mustang & GTR Debut in New York: I was there! Fun!!

Went into New York City last night for the Mustangs Press party before the NYC Auto show! Lots of classic Mustangs all over the showroom, press, important people, Ford VIPs.

At 7:00 J Mays and Kid Rock burst through the fron door in the GTR Concept. Cool car!! All the girls flocked Kid!

What a party!!

I'll post some pics tonight!

• Sponsors (?)

65stanger said:
:nonono: The nerve of some people...we're in the middle of hijacking his thread, and he tries to steer it back on course..... :p

You're right, he can't do that - it's poor Gutter etiquette :notnice:
I know, let's just grab it back!

65stanger said:
Didn't find out about the "expoloded" brakes until today! Thank GOD I had them fixed before I ended up sleeping with the fishies! :D

See, the good Lord kept you in classs to save you from the spoils of your foolishly ignoring the Caddy'a needs! Yes, you missed the Show, but you also missed out on the opportunity to die in a firey conflagration when your brakes failed.

It also kept him out busy while the Closet Keeper Chick and her blonde sister help me break-in the new pump on my Jacuzzi! :nice: :D

Still Dreamin'

StangDreamin' said:
...........but you also missed out on the opportunity to die in a firey conflagration when your brakes failed.

65stanger said:

Are you deliberately trying to miss my point??? :rolleyes: I was telling you that the good Lord was watching over you; making sure you were tied up in some silly little class (unless you're saying it was an ACLS re-cert or the like, which then wouldn't be a "silly little class"), therefore keeping you from wrapping the Cadillac around a tree! Sheese! I've got enough to mess with trying to get the extension filed on Mom's taxes - and then yesterday her P.T. stepped away, leaving her in her walker. She fell down.... now it's the right (read:other) hip. Broke the ball off her femur and it's gonna be just a bit more than a compression plate and screws this time :nonono:

Some days ya just wanna go :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: or at least drink a lot (my personal choice tonight).
If'n I did presently have a Stang (gp001, ya slimy football); I'd probably be in jail right now for running WOT all the way through town 6, 8, maybe 20 times. Wouldn't be no 35MPH "white-Ford-Bronco" chases for this white boy; plug in some Guess Who or Skynyrd and hammer down, bangin' gears 'til the tank goes dry.

Still Dreamin'

StangDreamin' said:
Are you deliberately trying to miss my point??? :rolleyes:
YES!:D
StangDreamin' said:
I was telling you that the good Lord was watching over you; making sure you were tied up in some silly little class (unless you're saying it was an ACLS re-cert or the like, which then wouldn't be a "silly little class")
Close....BLS Instructor recert........:p
StangDreamin' said:
and then yesterday her P.T. stepped away, leaving her in her walker. She fell down.... now it's the right (read:other) hip. Broke the ball off her femur and it's gonna be just a bit more than a compression plate and screws this time :nonono:
OUCH! Sorry to hear that! :(

Well, I was in New York, and there were PLENTY of prettly ladies, food, drinks, and new cars for sale...... We could have spent zillions!

Step right up, bus now boarding for the next Factory Five trip! Who wants to be brainwashed next? Empty your wallets, order those parts... Step right up, only a nickel to enter.......

steelhorse said:
Think of it as a good thing...if you had of went with chepy theres no telling how much money you would've spent ...you know what happened last time you two got together :nonono:
I just got back from my trip to see my folks.....I stopped at the horse farm run by one of my cousins, and what should be in the driveway, but her brother's '66. She told me I could haul it off if I wanted to (I don't think her brother Jon would appreciate it if I did)....car needs ALOT of work, original I-6 that now has a 302 V-8...still running on the original suspension, floors are about shot, interior needs replacement...has an original pony interior too!
What almost got me was the decal in the rear window....MY AVATAR!...same color too!
I don't need, nor can I afford another project right now tho'..... :shrug: