2005 Mustang Gt Cam Possision Sensor Codes

steve s197

Jun 15, 2014
hey I have a 05 gt with 55k on it car has basic bolt ons and a zex 125 shot and I just got a code the other day for a camshaft position sensor bank 1 so I replaced the sensor it was the one right next to the belt tensioner and I took the car for a little ride and about 25 miles into the ride the light popped back on I've been reading that it could possibly be a bad alternator which im starting to believe because a day before the code popped up my battery had went bad so I bought a new one and put it in and then that night I was getting the camshaft position sensor codes can anyone help me out on here the alternators arnt so cheap so I don't want to have to go and spend that kind of money if that's not what the problem is. thank you.
mm.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Swap the sensors to the opposite bank. If the code doesn't switch to the opposite bank as well, you'll know for sure that it isn't the sensor. If so, try switching the variable cam timing solenoids. Those are the plugs on the top front of the camshaft covers. You'd have to remove the cam covers to actually uninstall the VCT solenoids.

I've been reading that it could possibly be a bad alternator which im starting to believe because a day before the code popped up my battery had went bad so I bought a new one and put it in and then that night I was getting the camshaft position sensor codes can anyone help me out on here the alternators arnt so cheap so I don't want to have to go and spend that kind of money if that's not what the problem is. thank you

I'll be very surprised if the alternator isn't the problem.