2005 Mustang Gt Dash Lights

toro1966

Jun 29, 2006
Hey guys - I am new to this forum, but not new to mustangs. My last was a 2003 terminator and I just bought a used 2005 Mustang GT for my son. Quick question on the dash lights - specifically the lights for the light switch and dimmer switch as well as the cruise control. The question is - should they be lighted?

Got the car home and it had gotten dark (car was bought 2 hours away). All dash lights seem to work fine, but I noticed that the ONLY light on near the light switch and dimmer knob was the small light that indicated the fog lights were on. Is that normal - or should the icons/indicators for the parking lights, etc, dimmer be lit as well? Does anyone have a pic if so?

Also - the cruise control works fine and when I engage it - I see the small green steering wheel indicator light come on in the dash. My questions is - is there a light that should come on when I push the on/off switch on the left side of the steering wheel. Again - it all works and there might be no light that indicates i have pushed the on button, but since this is our first 05-09, I wanted to get your opinion. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

That's normal. The small light om the switch indicates that the fog lights are on and the gauges only indicate if the high beams are on. The cruise only illuminates when it is actually functioning, not just when the system is powered on.