2005 Mustang Gt Formula Drift Proam Build Thread

He5150

Dec 19, 2016
Hello! Welcome to my build thread where I will keep an update of my 2005 Mustang That I will be using to compete in Vegas drift/ Southwest Drift series. Here's a little bit about myself,
I'm 21 years old and have been competing in motorsports for about 8 years and I work as a professional racing instructor at a place called Exotics Racing (some of you may have heard of it or been there). I have been competing in drifting for 3 of those years. My first car was a purpose built s13 I bought from forrest wang. Now I decided to do something different from the onslaught of 240sxs that are all over the grid. Being a mustang lover with previously owning a 2015 Gt (now an f150, Fordddddd! lol) I decided to go with a GT build.
Pic of my previous car
AwufEii.jpg

Now the new girl!
Qwk1tsE.jpg

Manual tranny that runs super smooth with the 4.6l v8. It does have 180k miles on it so I'm expecting to blow it up then buy another 4.6l and do some internals and then supercharge it!

So if you've read this far I really appreciate your interest! If you want to catch me on social media my Instagram is @Outlaw_Evans and my facebook is here https://www.facebook.com/HaydenOutlawEvans/?ref=settings

Thanks Guys!!
MA7sXIy.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

First update!
I'm currently stripping the car out right now and going over what wiring I need and don't need. If anyone is interested I'm selling pretty much all of the interior pieces other than the dash for dirt cheap! Also ordered a Cold air intake- JLT with a Bama tuner to turn off the codes. Also a JLT air/ oil separator as well. I have some sparco evo seats I will be mounting as well. Currently as I write this I'm going to be relocating the wiring from the fender wells to the engine bay so Once I order my Feal 441 coilovers and put on my Unicorn steering angle kit I wont rub through them. Also I'm going to be removing all of the A/c and emmisions system.
633Xk6N.jpg

H5Cr4yh.jpg

EajpfF7.jpg

ZcUrQCA.jpg

This seems like an interesting project. I'm looking forward to your progress.

In regards to your question, I haven't done this but my guess would be that you just block off a few ports and get a tune to account for it. I'm not sure you really gain much from going through the trouble though. I can see removing the cats (which also requires a tune) but I don't know if it's really worth it to remove EGR. If you still want to remove it, some places sell an EGR delete kit which is really just a block off plate and bolts. I don't know what else you would need to remove on the 3V.